STATUS QUO - news of the year 2005
- 31.12.: Status Quo is playing at the Henley Music and Art festival in Henley-on-Thames/England - July 9, 2006.
- 27.12.: the belgian radiostation "Classic 21" broadcasted a special TOP25 live-album countdown in their survey of the TOP500 live albums ever. It was broadcasted on Christmas Eve. Status Quo's "live!" album was voted on No.8. Winner was Deep Purple "Made in Japan", runners-up AC/DC "If you want blood you got it".
- 26.12.: Christmas special; the german radio station "die neue 107,7" did a survey of the all-time TOP100 Live-Songs. The result was broadcasted today. Status Quo are featured with 3 live-songs: No.26 "Rockin all over the world" - No.17 "In the army now" and No.7 (!) "Whatever you want". All 3 Live-Songs are taken from the "Live Alive" Album 1992. The winner was Led Zeppelin with "Stairway to heaven" (live in Long Beach); runners-up Metallica "Nothing else matter" (live in California) and Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" (live Wembley '86).
- 23.12.: tickets for the Tufertschwil-Openair (18.8.2006) in Jonschwil/Switzerland are available from January 16, 2006.
- 23.12.: another Status Quo concert for 2006. Status Quo will play at the Olympia in Paris on the 22nd of October 2006.
- 22.12.: the new album was recently released in Russia too including 5 bonus tracks: "In the army now" - "Fun, Fun, Fun" - "Burning Bridges" - "Jam Side Down" und "Rockin all over the world". (Cat.Nr. Universal OL 0470)
- 19.12.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mike Paxman. Quo`s producer and administrator of the official Quo website is celebrating his birthday on December 19.
- 14.12.: the "Under the influence"-CD has been recently reissued in Germany. For example the big music retailer www.jpc.de offers this CD for only 2,99 Euro thats just 2 pounds !! For collectors: the CD has a complete new cover. ==> click here to see the cover
- 13.12.: part 2 of the remaster CD's is to be send out in 2 batches. The first batch of CD's at January 30, 2006 and the second batch on February 24, 200
6. It spans the period from the album "1+9+8+2" to "Famous in the last century" including the live albums "Live at the N.E.C."and "Live alive Quo". All CD's will include bonus tracks.
- 13.12.: german QUO fans have sent in WISH WELL greetings for Rick Parfitt which will be posted soon to the management. Her's a little excerpt from greetings: ...more
- 13.12.: last Friday John Coghlan performed live at the Zeche in Bochum, Germany. He played the drums with the german coverband Piledriver. At the beginning of the show he send his wish well greetings to Rick Parfitt.
- 08.12.: all 9 remaining shows of the UK tour had to be cancelled due to illness of Rick Parfitt.
- 06.12.: UK-Tour news: fans are telling from brillant shows. Sheffield arena was attended by 7,000 people and its said, that the "Steel City rocked" that night. Last Saturday QUO the first time in Cheltenham. And Nikki Anderson who is the actress of Candice in Coronation Street was invited by the Quo to stay backstage at the shows in Bristol. A 2-page write up of her experience was published in the Sunday Mirror, November 27, 2005.
- 02.12.: the french fanclub did a DVD of their fan-meeting in Dunkerque; March 2006. The DVD can be bought at the french fanclub www.statusquo.fr for 10 pounds or 15 Euros. A DVD trailer about the french fan-meeting can be seen via the followig link (you need quick time): ...more
- 01.12.: the german promoter Moderne Welt / Stuttgart published the dates for the May/June tour in Germany:
26.05.2006 Bendorf, Kirchplatz
28.05.2006 Wuppertal, Unisporthalle
30.05.2006 Wetzlar, Mittelhessen-Arena
01.06.2006 Zeitz, Landesgartenschaugelände
02.06.2006 Hessisch Lichtenau, Hessentag with Manfred Mann's Earthband
03.06.2006 Berlin, Wuhlheide with Manfred Mann's Earthband
05.06.2006 Weiden Mehrzweckhalle
06.06.2006 Bad Tölz Hacker Pschorr Arena
07.06.2006 Stuttgart Freilichtbühne
Ticket sales from 3.12.2005 onwards.
- 29.11.: the belgian radiostation "Classic 21", which can be heard online, is doing a survey of the best live-albums ever. Out of a list of 77 live-albums you can choose your all-time TOP5. The list includes Status Quo*s legendary "Live!". The results and many sound samples are broadcasted on Christmas Eve (24.12.). Tick on the boxes of your choice in the following link and then click on www.classic21.be
- 29.11.: the Status Quo-show in Samnaun/Switzerland, on the 23rd Aprl 2006 now confirmed by local promoter. www.samnaun.ch
- 29.11.: the 3xCD-compilation "The Ultimate Collection", which was released in Netherlands in 2003, is to be pzblished by Universal in UK at the 16th January 2006. click here for tracklist and cover
- 27.11.: recently the Status Quo album "In the army now" was released in Ukraine. For collectors: Ukraine is stated on the backover. Early this year this CD was released in Russia.
- 26.11.: a new book is to be released in France at the 10th December called "Status Quo - la route sans fin" translated "Status Quo - a route without end" written by the Status Quo fan Philippe Duponteil and P.Robin. The book is already advertised at www.amazon.fr and fnac.com . Its the first french Status Quo biography with a foreword by Bob Young and the book will include 450 pages with 150 fotos and its written in french. It includes discography, bibliography, websites, gig lists, fanzines. Cover see picture above.
- 26.11.: another german date soon upcoming. Status Quo at the german Hessentag 2006 in Hessisch Lichtenau. Date is not confirmed yet, but its at the end of may/beginning of June.
- 26.11.: and on a german website someone wrote that Status Quo is due to play the annual spring-snow festival in Samnaun/Switzerland at the 23rd April, 2006. This festivity is an annual event and it takes place 2,300 meters above in the snow landscape of the Silvretta Arena, a very nice place for skiing with wonderful views on the Alpes. The venue is Open Air. But please note, on the official websites of Samnaun Status Quo isn't mentioned, nothing confirmed at all.
- 22.11.: Robert Ellis is a well-nown photographer who shot many pictures of Status Quo during the 70's. His brilliant pictures from the legendary 1976 Glasgow Apollo concerts of Status Quo can now be seen via nternet. -> Glasgow 1976 pictures
- 21.11.: another german show announced for 2006. Status Quo in Bad Tölz (Bavaria), June 6, 2006.
- 21.11.: the story of the song "Rockin all over the world" was a short feature in german radio station WDR2 last night. There was an interview with John Fogerty and Rick Parfitt told how it came to this song. ("4 o'clock in the morning I was driving my Porsche and this song came in radio. I just loved this song") Excerpts of both Fogerty's and Quo's version could be heard alongside the Live Aid intro and a bit of "Running all over the world".
- 20.11.: tour news: the second night at Oxford saw a setlist without the song "The Party ain't over yet". At some shows "Burning Bridges" is added to the setlist.
- 19.11.: News about John Coghlan (Quo's drummer until 1982). He recently joined The King Earl Boogie Band. More about this band: www.kebb.co.uk
- John Coghlan is playing a charity show in Germany at the Zeche/Bochum on a special X-Mas show with an All-Star-Band; December 9, 2005 and he is supported by the german coverband PILEDRIVER. For more information, click here: www.rockfuertiere.de
- 16.11.: after a 1-week-break the band continued their annual UK-winter-tour with 2 sold-out shows in Bristol.
- 13.11.: the new single "All that counts is love" now No.69 in the UK-Singles-Charts (2nd week).
- 13.11.: last night in Schijndel/ Netherlands Status Quo played only a shortened encore in their set. Only Excerpts from Rock n Roll Music and a shortened Bye Bye Johnny. Venue was sold out with a 5,500 crowd.
- 13.11.: from this years "Sweden Rockfestifal" is now a DVD available. Status Quo are included with the song: "Caroline". Via the following link you get more information and there you can buy it: ...more
- 12.11.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paul Hirsh. Status Quo's ex-keyboarder (2000 - 2002) is celebrating his 52nd birthday. All the best, Paul.
- 11.11.: 1,500 fans in the sold-out venue of the Messehalle in Basel/Switzerland saw yesterday a fantastic performance of Status Quo with the usual setlist. This show was filmed via television and is due to be broadcasted in swiss TV SF2 at New Years Eve. This TV station can only be accessed in Switzerland.
- 11.11.: tomorrow is not only a pre-party of fans in Netherlands there is also a Status Quo Convention in Melbourne/Australia
- 10.11.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1994. ... more
- 10.11.: today a short review of Status Quo about their new 2x-DVD "The party ain't over yet" was in the morning-show of the german ZDF television.
- 10.11.: Status Quo won the UK festival award in the category "Festival Feel Good Act" 2005.
- 08.11.: the show in Birmingham, NEC December 10, is to be filmed and its planned to release this show as live DVD in 2006.
- 07.11.: after tonights show in Southend the UK-Tour is interrupted for one week. The reason is, that the band is playing 3 shows on the european continent.
- Thursday sees Status Quo playing in Basel/Switzerland at the annual AVO-Sessions. This show is sold-out since September and the special thing is, that the fans are sitting around tables like in a cabaret.
- Friday sees the Quo performing in Koblenz/Germany.
- Saturday Status Quo is playing in Schijndels/Netherlands in front of a 5,500 sell-out crowd. Alongside Quo the bands Ten Years After and Manfred Mann's Earthband are playing in Schijndels. In the afternoon there's a pre-party not far from the evening venue. This pre-party is already sold-out and the dutch coverband Quotations is playing there.
- 06.11.: the new single "All that counts is love" entered the UK-charts at no.29.
- 03.11.: UK-Tour: another sold-out show in Newcastle saw the band playing a fantastic performance. No changes in the setlist. The next shows are sold-out too.
- 02.11.: I deleted the information about a DVD who includes the whole Montreux 2004 show. The owner of this website didn't reply on my questions regarding if it is a bootleg, a non-licensed or an official product. And on the other known DVD-websites such a DVD can't be found.
- 02.11.: news came up that the Status Quo show at the AVO Sessions in Basel is to be broadcasted in swiss TV DRS2 on New Years Eve.
- 01.11.: Bob Young gave his ok for another interview. So if you have any questions to Bob Young, please feel free to send them in via the link Email.
- 31.10.: John Coghlan is playing with the King Earl Boogie Band at the Carnglaze Caverns, St Leont Cornwall - 4th November 2005 6.30 p.m. For more information see: www.johncoghlan.com
- 31.10.: More news about the Tufertschwil OpenAir 2006. Status Quo is playing the OpenAir at the 18th August 2006. Other bands on this day: the german band BAP and Marillion !! By the way: this festival will be at a different place because of a lot complaints at this years Openair. (Due to heavy rain the whole place was full of mud and the fields were deeply damaged)
- 30.10.: yesterday was the start of the UK tour in Spswich. No changes in the setlist so far with 2 songs form the "The Party Ain't Over yet" album. (the title track and Belavista Man).
- 30.10.: Monday sees the release of the next single "All that counts is love" in UK. Its the second song from the new album.
- 30.10.: and on Monday too, Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi can be seen in Englands best-known and long-lived soap "Coronation Street". The take part on the wedding ceremony.
- 29.10.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1993. ... more
- 29.10.: today's the start of the UK tour 2005 "SQ40" in Ipswich. Again there's a high ticket demand and 25 of the 35 shows are already sold-out. New this year is the show in Cheltenham near Swindon, who is well-known for its horse race-course. Support of the first shows is "Morris" who recently was special guest on the german tour and received good critics from the fans and the press. Very unusual the UK tour will be interrupted for one week, when the band is playing 3 shows on the continent (Switzerland, Germany and Netherlands). I wish all fans who are going to the tour a good time.
- 27.10.: today german PAY TV Hit24 is showing the "Anniversary Waltz" video - the live-cuts were recorded at Status Quo's show in Landshut/Germany.
- 25.10.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY LYNES. Status Quo's ex-keyboarder is celebrating his 62nd birthday. All the best !
- 23.10.: the radio station "Bermuda.Funk" from Mannheim / Germany is playing the single "The party ain't over yet" on Tuesday 25th October at 9 p.m. (european time) This radiostation can be heard world-wide via webstream. www.bermudafunk.org
- 22.10.: TOPNEWS: first german show for the year 2006 announced. Status Quo will perform at the annual Open Air of the Berlin radiostation "Berliner Rundfunk 91,4" at the 3rd of June, 2006 in Berlin, Kindl-Bühne Wuhlheide. Together with Chris Norman, Jimmy Somerville and Manfred Mann's Earthband. More info and tickets: www.berliner-rundfunk.de
- 22.10.: the new fanuzine of the dutch fanclub "The Army 71" has been sent out. Topics: The new album in detail and a complete of all official Status Quo DVD releases. The fanclub meeting at 12th NOvember is sold-out. The dutch coverband "Quotations" is playing there and in the evening Ten Years After, Manfred Mann and Status Quo are playing just 8 km away from the fanclub-meeting.
- 21.10.: Switzerland; the new album now No.65 of the swiss album charts in the 4th week.
- Germany; the new album on No.75 of the TOP100 german album charts (fourth week).
- 21.10.: in yesterdays TV performance at the "Paul O'Grady" show silver disc were presented for 60,000 sold copies of the album "The Party ain't over yet".
- 19.10.: next Thursday, Obtober 20, Status Quo in the "Paul O'Grady" Show ITV (5 p.m.)
- 19.10.: Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi are on the frontcover of the swedish music magazine "Swedish Rock Magazin" Nr.30. Inside is a report about the 40th anniversary.
- 18.10.: Chart-News: the single "The party ain't over yet" new entry on No.13 of the belgian radiostation BRF 1.
- the new album is currently No.40 of the european album charts.
- in Slovenia the single is on No.27 (2nd week) and in Russia its No.23 (3rd week).
- by the way: a mysterious EVRO vs. Status Quo with "You're in the army now" is No.1 of the ukrainian charts.
- 15.10.: Rhino's two sons are in a band called
Toothpaste Factory (TPF). They have a
3 track CD out now, with Andy Bown
guesting on harmonica. For enquiries please contact David via his email: Crapmodem@hotmail.com
- 15.10.: new album "The party ain't over yet" now No.77 in the german album charts (3rd week) and in Switzerland its now on No.61.
- 15.10.: the german coverband "Pure Quo" (founded 1999) now have an own website with information etc. www purequo.com
- 14.10.: Status Quo have been short-listed for the UK Festival Award in the category "Festival Feel good act". From 17.October you can vote online via the following link: www.festivalawards.com
- 14.10.: there's a launch party of the new 2x DVD "The party ain't over yet" from Warner Visions at the 7th November in the Marquee Club, London. Via the official Status Quo website you can win tickets for this launch party. ...more
- 13.10.: more news about the new single "All that counts is love" were officialy confirmed today. The single will be published in 2 formats. The usual Maxi-CD with the 2 Live-Tracks "Bellavista Man" and "The Party Ain't Over Yet", both from the show in Emden (30.9.). The other format is the so called "Two Track Mini CD" (should be a 3"-CD), with the new song "I ain't ready" from Rossi/Young. The single is to be released at the 31st October in UK and in parts of Europe.
- 12.10.: another festival announced for 2006: Status Quo at the Schwung-Festival 2006 in Belgium (May 27). More information: www.debevers.be
- 12.10.: Happy Birthday RICK PARFITT. He's celebrating his 57th birthday today. All the best, Rick!
- 11.10.: tonight Status Quo in german television live with the song "The Party ain't over yet" in german TV station Pro Sieben at Stefan Raabs show "TV Total" 22.15 european time.
- 11.10.: the german tour ended with 2 stunning shows in Essen (4,500 crowd) and Tuttlingen (2,000 sold out crowd). Both shows saw the new medley in the encore.
- 11.10.: 4 years ago the QUOTICKER went online first time. Therefore I would like to thank all visitors of this website. I will continue with year reviews which I stopped because of the german tour. There will be improvements and some new things on this website. And the announcement of another new series about Status Quo in 2006. I hope you enjoy this website and I wish you all the best.
- 09.10.: new single "All that counts is love" (SANXD413), due to be out in UK at the 31th October.
- 08.10.: sum up of the week:
The new medley wasn't played at the shows in Saarburg and Landshut. "The Wanderer" is now replaced by "Don't waste my time".
Crowds this week: Aalen over 2,000 - Saarburg 1,000 - Landshut over 3,000.
- 08.10.: Chart news: new album in Germany No.57 (2nd week) - Switzerland No.35 (2nd week).
- 08.10.: Denis published his big Status Quo live list in the internet. www.freewebs.com
- 03.10.: the new album now on No.53 of the UK-album-charts in the 2nd week.
- 03.10.: the single "The Party ain't over yet" is at No.57 of the UK-singles-charts. (3rd week)
- 02.10.: again a change in the setlist. At yesterdays show in Braunschweig "Don't waste my time" was played instead of "The Wanderer". More german tour stats: set time approx. 105 min. and an average 2,000 crowd.
- 02.10.: the free CD's "Status Quo & friends" are really well done with a very good sound quality. Besides the Status Quo live tracks there are the following artists on the CD's: Chuck Berry "Johnny B.Goode (live), Deep Purple "Smoke on the water (live)", Sweet "Ballroom Blitz", Jerry L.Lewis "Great Balls of Fire", Litte Richard "Good Golly Miss Molly", Starship "Nothing gonna stop us now", Roger Daltrey "No more Mr.Nice Guy", T'Pau "China in your hand", Tom Jones "Knock on wood", Gerry Numan "Cars (live)".
Status Quo live songs taken from the concert in Liverpool, Big Top Arena - 23.07.2005: "Rockin all over the world" "Whatever you want" "Caroline" "Down Down" "Roll over lay down" "Rain" "Something bout you babe I like" "Break the rules"
- 30.09.: "The party ain't over yet" is No.17 in Sweden.
- 30.09.: the new fanclub magazine from the official Status Quo fanclub "FTMO" is being sent out.
- 30.09.: the german radio station "Die neue 107,7" from Stuttgart is broadcasting the 1992 "Live alive" show of Sutton Park, Birmingham next Sunday, October 2, 8 p.m. european time. This radio station is a very Quo-friendly radio. Every day 4 Status Quo songs are being played. Mostly the classic ones. To listen to the Sunday show click on the following link and then on button webradio: www.dieneue1077.de
- 28.09.: new album "the Party ain't over yet" entered the german chart on No.19 and the single is No.90.
- 28.09.: TOPNEWS: Status Quo in german television at Stefan Raab's "TV Total" at the 11th October 2005.
- 27.09.: the new album "The party ain't over yet" entered the swiss album-charts at No.21. www.hitparade.ch
- 27.09.: the promoter gave me the permission to publish this: STATUS QUO at the swiss Tufertschwil Open Air in August 2006. This Open air is the biggest in east Switzerland and it's the third time that Status Quo will be playing there.
- 25.09.: the new album "The party ain't over yet" entered the UK-album-charts on No.18.
- The new single is now No.27 in the UK-charts in the 2.week.
- 25.09.: the Daily Mirror CD "Status Quo and Friends" Part 1 includes the Live-Songs: "Rockin' all Over the world", "Whatever you want", "Break the Rules", "Roll over lay down" from the Liverpool concert - 23.7.2005
- The 2. Daily Mirror CD includes the Live-Songs: "Down Down", "Caroline", "Something 'bout you baby I like", "Rain" again from the Liverpool concert.
- Both CD's including an Album-Medley of the songs: "The Party ain't over yet", "All that counts is love", "Gotta get up and go", "Belavista Man", "The Bubble", "Goodbye Baby"
- 24.09.: to remind you: today the swedish radio P4 live is broadcasting Status Quo at the Sweden Rockfestival which was in June this year. See also date "16.09.".
- 23.09.: today the new 2x DVD was officially announced for release on Nevember 7 with detailled information. See the official Quo website: www.statusquo.co.uk
- 22.09.: Status Quo played a complete new medley during the encore at the show in Leipzig and included this songs: "What you're proposing, Dear John, Rockers Rollin, Red Sky, Juniors Wailing und Down the Dustpipe", that's a new medley in the live-history !!!
- 21.09.: TOPNEWS: the new album entered the german TREND-Charts on No.9. Its a good proposal, a trend how the album could chart on the german album charts (next Friday).
- 21.09.: one of the most wanted Status Quo compilations, the 4-CD-Box "The Ultimate Collection" - an exklusive Time-Life-Edition, which was released in 2004 in England only, is now available in Germany through german Time-Life (49,98 Euro) ...more
- 21.09.: yesterday's start of the "40th anniversary"-tour in Kempten/Germany saw a new setlist with the songs "Belavista Man" and "The party ain't over yet" from the new album.
An estimated 3,500 crowd in the almost sold-out Big Box Arena saw a solid performance from the band with the band in very good mood.
Big disappointment on the merchandising front: will you believe, they sold the XS all areas merchandise..... (this show was rescheduled from the cancelled show in June and counts to the old tour !!!)
The setlist: Caroline - Something about you baby - The Wanderer - 4500 Times - Rain - The Oriental - Creepin up on you - All stand up - Belavista Man - Mystery Medley - Gerdundula - The Party ain't over yet - Roll over lay down - Down Down - Whatever you want - Rockin all over the world ** Encore: Juniors Wailing - excerpts of Rock n Roll Music and at last Bye Bye Johnny.
- 19.09.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John Coghlan. Status Quo's ex-drummer is celebrating his 59th birthday. All the best John !
- 19.09.: Today the new Status Quo album "The party ain't over yet" is released. 13 songs are issued on this album, which is produced by Mike Paxman.
- 18.09.: the new single "The Party ain't over yet" entered the UK-Singles-Charts on No.11.
The single is released as MAXI-CD and DVD-Single and as 7"-Single on black vinyl. The first Status Quo single since 1992 which is released on black vinyl.
- Most notable: the flipside of the 7"-vinyl single "Gerdundula" states the songwriting credits to Rossi/Young instead to Manston/James.
- 16.09.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1992. ...more
- 16.09.: Status Quo's show at the Sweden Rockfestival is broadcasted in swedish radio P4 - 24th September. More info (swedish): www.sr.se/P4
- 13.09.: more TV-Shows with Status Quo:
- Sunday, 18th September live performance at BBC "Top of the Pops" with the new single. (7 p.m.)
- Sunday, 18th September Status Quo in the ITV show "Avenue of the Stars - 50 Jahre ITV" Status Quo perform with 3 songs: The party ain't over yet - Caroline - Rockin all over the world.
- The new single can be downloaded on the following links. These downloads count for the chart position. iTunes *** Woolworths *** Virgin
- 13.09.: while the new single is not available in Germany, the promotion in UK is on "high numbers". Today the band performed the new single at UK television GMTV plus an interview and at the Woolworth charts the new single is on TOP10 and a TOP20 chart note in the UK charts is predicted.
- Addenda: Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were in BBC Radio 2, September 2. Apart from the talk Status Quo's new single "The OParty ain't over yet" was played and the new album track "Velvet train". Within the show the TRAFFIC JAM's session at the BBC with the song "I don't want you" was played.
Next week the long awaited performance in UK's best soap "Coronation Street" (23.9.).
- 12.09.: today is the release of the new Status Quo Single "The Party ain't over yet" in UK. Last Saturday the new single was played in BBC Radio 1 by DJ Moyle. The single is on the playlist of Radio 2 and Quo were in all big newspapers last week. The single is released as Maxi-CD, DVD-Single and as 7"-vinyl-picture disc.
- 09.09.: at the first BBC "Live - Session"-appearance for more than 20 years, Status Quo played the following songs live: Caroline - Whatever you want - The Party ain't over yet - Belavista Man - Rockin all over the world. And there was an interview with the band. If this "Session" is to be released whether on CD or DVD, is in the moment not known.
- 09.09.: there's another CD compilations release. This time in Poland and the name of the album is once again "GOLD" but with different tracklisting.
- 08.09.: "The party ain't over yet" was last week No.89 in the german radio-airplay-charts.
- 08.09.: the show in Tuttlingen/Germany (9th October) is sold-out (2,000 capacity).
- 08.09.: another german TV station is broadcasting the new german Status Quo documentary "40 Jahre Status Quo Rockin all over the world". This time SWR/SR next Saturday night, 10th September 1.50 a.m. (night from Saturday to Sunday)
- 04.09.: there's a new website about the Status Quo drummer Matt Letley: www.mattletley.com
- 04.09.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1991. ...more
- 02.09.: the online retailers www.wom.de and www.amazon.co.uk offering a new Status Quo compilation called "GOLD". The 2x-CD includes the same song and the same running order as the tracklist on the 1997 "Whatever you want - The very best of". (Cat.Nr.: Universal 9832775) Release date 23.9.2005. (WOM)
- 01.09.: Status Quo are performing at the BBC Radio 2 "Live in Session" series; Friday 9th September. They will perform their classics and new material. Here's the link to the BBC-page: ...more
- 01.09.: the new german documentary "40 Jahre Status Quo Rockin all over the world" is now broadcasted at the german TV station SWR / SR - 10th Septmeber 1.50 a.m. (european time)
- 31.08.: there's a new Status Quo compilation for planned release on the 26th of September, 2005. The 2x CD called "Keep on rockin'" (Cat.Nr.: MCDLX015) includes songs from the "Heavy Traffic"-Album and songs of the 3 Status Quo Cover-albums "Don't Stop", "Famous in the last century" and "Riffs".
- 30.08.: statistics: the 2 swiss shows were attended by 13,000 fans in Zurich and 4,500 fans in Hutwil.
- 28.08.: another TOPNEWS: the whole video of the new single can now be seen on the official website of SANCTUARY Records (3:50 min), and you can listen to some songs of the new album. Just click on the link: www.sanctuaryrecords.co.uk
- 28.08.: "Zurich really rocked yesterday". Fantastic band, fantastic audience and a fantastic venue. Status Quo played in front of a 13,000 sell-out crowd the usual setlist minus "Big Fat Mama" and the encore was: Juniors Wailing, Rock n Roll Music and Bye bye Johnny. Notable: Rick Parfitt with very long hair and Matt Letley is showing his ears, he played without his headphones. There were no hightlights, the whole show was one highlight, but to name one its "The Oriental" - the band put new elements in. And the very good light show and the fantastic swiss audience were the ingredients for a night to remember. It should be a must for every year to play this fantastic venue, the swiss modern "Wembley arena" if you like.
- 24.08.: Status Quo's yet not released single "The party ain't over yet" was voted to No.2 at this weeks online-voting-charts of the Berlin Radiostation "Berlin888". It was the last time, because every song can only be voted for 5 times.
- 24.08.: Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were in swedish TV in the Morning-Show of Channel 4. Beside of an interview the video-clip of the new single was showed. The clip can be accessed via internet (almost 8 minutes). Just click on the link: Video-Clip swedish TV
- 20.08.: there's now official information about the new single, which will be released on the 12th of September in 3 different formats. The Maxi-CD will include the Rossi/Young song "I'm watching over you" and the 7"-vinyl copy will feature "Gerdundula" live from Liverpool Summerpops, 27th July 2005. The DVD single features the single "The Part ain't over yet" and the album mix.
and here the text of the official Quo website: The Daily Mirror will run special Quo editorial during the week commencing Monday 19th September. The Saturday (24th) and Sunday (25th) editions of the paper will feature free Status Quo Special 40th Anniversary Souvenir CDs. The CDs are entitled 'Status Quo and Friends' and each CD will feature 4 Quo hits recorded Live at Liverpool Pops on 27/07/05 along with a 5.48' album sampler for 'The Party Ain't Over Yet'. Each CD will also feature several tracks from a variety of other artists.
- 20.08.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1990. ...more
- 20.08.: according to the 24 pages special featured in the new issue of the Music Week (issue 33) there's a new QUO DVD due to be out in October including a documentary and covering rare footage of Quo's long-standing career. Including exclusive private interviews about the reocrding of the new studio album and some backstage footage from the "making of" Coronation Street.
- 20.08.: Quo fans voted the yet not released single "The party ain't over yet" to No.3 in the german Stadtradio of Berlin. The song can be voted for another week, then it's dropped and can't be played.
- 18.08.: "The year and its 20 songs" - such is the translation of a book series by the german newspaper "Süddeutsche Zeitung". From 1955 to 2004 they picked out 20 songs of each year, reviewed the songs with a picture gallery of the year. The year 1975 featured Status Quo's "Down, Down". The book is written in german and the special thing about the book is, that the hardcover contains a CD with the 20 songs of the year.
Autor: Andreas Banaski (ISBN:3866150571). It was released July 15, 2005.
- 16.08.: the british music newspaper "MUSIC WEEK" is featuring a 24 page special on Quo's 40th birthday in their next issue No.33 (20.08.2005).
- 10.08.: Since 2 weeks the forth-coming single "The Party ain't over yet" is listed in the charts of the Berlin radiostation "88acht RBB Stadtradio" (Germany) and has now moved up to No.6 of this charts. The charts is based on Online voting and each song is 5 weeks in the charts. More information and for voting (click on the box left to the song): www.berlin888.de
- 10.08.: the new fanclub-magazine is currently being sent out. There's talk about 2 new DVD's this year.
- 05.08.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1989. ...more
- 05.08.: in the new issue of german's music magazine "BREAKOUT" is an interview about Status Quo. "Breakout" is one of the german tour promoters this year.
- 04.08.: and another new german coverband from german's capital town Berlin "Smiledriver". More information can be accessed on their website: www.smiledriver.de
- 01.08.: there's a new german coverband called "Straight as Quo" - the Wild Side of life from Minden. Their live premiere is in November but they are already online. Here the link to their website: www.straightasquo.de
- 01.08.: the latest issue of the dutch fanclub "The Army" No.70 has been sent out. Content: reports about the dutch concerts and the announcement of a fanclub-meeting at the 12th of November 2005.
- 31.07.: according to the online-retailer www.amazon.co.uk the release of the DVD "A day in the Life" has been held back to June 2006.
- 31.07.: at the 2nd of September the book "XS All Areas" will be released in paperback form.
- 31.07.: and www.anazon.co.uk is already offering a Status Quo 2006 year calender; size = A3. Release: 1st of September.
- 31.07.: the weekend show at Crathes Castle / Aberdeen was attended by a 4,000 crowd. And the midweek show at the racecourt of Epsom saw an estimated 10,000 crowd.
- 30.07.: HMV in UK is listing 3 formats of the new single "The Party Ain't Over Yet" which is due to be released on the 12th of September. A Maxi-CD (SANXS400), a DVD-Single (SANXD400) and a 7"-Vinyl-Single (SANSE400). They can be preordered via the HMV website: www.hmv.co.uk. If this single format's will be released in other countries can't be said in the moment. The german record company of Sancuary Records has published the single release on their website but it's not clear if its only a UK-release. The official Status Quo website states the single release for Europe.
- 26.07.: Status Quo historian Garry Fielding published some more informations around the next planned remaster CD's from Universal: "Live at the NEC" 2x CD (full set). "1+9+8+2" 4 Bonus-Tracks. "Back to Back" 8 Bonus-Tracks; "In the army now" 7 Bonus-Tracks; "Ain't complaining" 6 Bonus-Tracks; "Perfect Remedy" 6 Bonus-Tracks'"; "Rock til you drop"; "Live alive Quo"; "Thirsty Work" 5 Bonus-Tracks; "Don't Stop" 5 Bonus-Tracks and "Famous in the last Century" 3 Bonus-Tracks.
- 25.07.: tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th is the big Status Quo Special in german digital TV programme "EINS FESTIVAL". Tuesday from 8.15 p.m. european time 3 (!!!) hours of Status Quo. (the new documentary, 1999 Baden Baden show in german TV, 1986 Dinkelsbühl festival)
- 25.07.: the radio station "Oldie 95" from Hamburg/Germany is broadcasting a Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi Interview on Tuesday 26th July after 6 o'clock in the morning. The interview is held tonight.
- 25.07.: tonight Berlin's private city radiostation "88acht Berlin" will introduce the new single "The Party ain't over yet" in their Charts-Show.Showtime: 8.15 p.m. european time. The song can be heard in internet via Phonostar-Player. More infos: click here
- 25.07.: and there's some information from Alan Lancaster; the foreword of the new Best of Album "Boogie til you bleed" of the norwegian band "Backstreet Girls" is written by Alan Lancaster.
- 23.07.: inofficial and not confirmed yet: there are plans for another 11 Remaster CD's out of the Vertigo and Polygram period.
- 22.07.: the shooting of the video-clip for the new single "The Party ain't over yet" is done. 8 cheerleaders from the football-team Düsseldorf Rhein-Fire / Germany took part in the video.
- 21.07.: now officially confirmed: Status Quo's new album "The Party ain't over yet" will be released in Europe on 19th September and the title track will be released as a maxi-Cd one week before on 12th September. More information from the official Status Quo website. 3 of the 13 songs are written by John David, who is bass player at Dave Edmunds band. ...more
- 21.07.: the new Status Quo DVD "A day in the life" will be released on Monday 25th July in UK. This DVD can already be ordered online via Tower Records. ...more
- 20.07.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1988. ...more
- 18.07.: last Thursday the german Status Quo documentary "40 Years - Rockin all over the world" was broadcasted first time. The whole documentary is in german and bits and pieces from british documentaries and shows such as "XS all areas" - "Top of the Pops 2" - "The one and only" were shown and of course the german "Beatclub" performances, the Live Aid 85 performance with very nice statements by Bob Geldof. The making of "Jam Side down" video was shown and the opener was "Caroline" from the 1989 show in Birmingham. The whole career was reported with fact sheets, a photo section and the highlights of the long career. A good part of this documentary was the interview with Rick and Francis which is on the "Famous in the last century" video/DVD. It was without doubt the best german Status Quo documentary ever and showed not only for Status Quo die-hards why this band is so good and it was really best promotion for the band. The documentary was produced by german tour promoter Moderne Welt and it will be in all german regional TV stations. Running time was 60 minutes.
- 18.07.: support act at the Blickling show last Saturday was Rick Parfitt junior.
- 13.07.: the concert in Hatton Park July 31 had to be cancelled, because the local promoter has gone to liquidation.
- 12.07.: the dutch webradio "Laserradio" is currently broadcasting an All-Time-TOP50 album-charts. Every day 7 albums can be heard. Status Quo's album "Hello!" was voted on No.42 and 18 minutes of this album were played at this radio. The link to the charts (click on "TOP 50 ALLER TIJDEN" at the right side): ...more
- 10.07.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1987. ...more
- 07.07.: TOPNEWS Status Quo in german digital TV - ARD EINS Festival: there's a big Status Quo Special on 26.July and 27.July. First the 2005 documentary "Status Quo - 40 years 'rockin' all oder the world' (2005). Then there's the Baden-Baden show "Ohne Filter extra: Status Quo" (1999) and then there's the Open-Air Festival "Out in the green" - Dinkelsbühl, Inselwiese (1986) on this digital german TV. (here in Germany you can access it via ASTRA satellite. I don't know how its abroad, maybe with HOTBIRD satellite)
Times of broadcasting:
40 years (Doku 2005) 26.7. 20.15 Uhr and 27.7. 23.15 Uhr
Ohne Filter extra: 26.7. 21.15 Uhr; 27.7. 4.15 Uhr - 12 Uhr - 0.15 Uhr
Out in the green: 26.7. 22.15 Uhr 27.7. 5.15 Uhr - 13.00 Uhr - 1.15 Uhr
(Note: european times)
- 06.07.: preview: from Friday July 8, Status Quo are in Scandinavia to play 2 shows in Sweden and a festival in Denmark. Therefore the Swedish Radio did a telephone interview with Rick Parfitt. The interview can be accessed via web-radio. By the way: the questions are in swedish and Rick's answers were in englisch. Please note: click on >> lyssna här << in the Status Quo article. ...Rick Parfitt Interview SR
- 04.07.: there's a dutch pre-QUO party in Heeswijk-Dinther/Netherlands at the 14th November from 2 p.m. (MEZ) The dutch coverband "Quotations" who recently had been in dutch radio will perform 2 times a 60 min. The admission is 5 Euro. It's only 5 miles away from Schijndels were Status Quo plays in the evening together with the likes of Ten Years After and others. For more information send an email: email@example.com (Ludy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Arjen) One of the organizers is Arjen who is known for his very interesting interviews with band members (past and present). (see also: www.theloyalfamily.be )
- 30.06.: the new fanclub magazine of the offical Status Quo fanclub "FTMO" is to be sent out in July.
- 29.06.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1986. ...more
- 28.06.: according to the german website of Quo's new record company SANCTUARY the new album will be released on the 19th of September.
- 28.06.: more information about the TV documentary on the german TV - "40 years Jubilee Tour", this documentary will be broadcasted on the 14th of July in the local german TV station HR3 (= Hessen 3). According to the german tour promoter Moderne Welt, its with Rick and Francis talking about the ups and downs in their career, talking about big events and added with pictures from "Beat Club" "Disco" and as well newer events. Approx. running time 60 minutes. There's information that it will be in all local german TV stations. (We have more than 10).
- 28.06.: with the 2 rescheduled gigs the kick-off for the "40th jubilee tour" is now September 20 in Kempten/Germany. The german tour now includes 16 shows. All in all Status Quo is playing a record breaking 53 shows within 90 days. That's every 38 hours 1 show.
- 25.06.: the shows in Kempten (25.6.) and Leipzig (26.6.) had to be cancelled due to advice of the doctors. Yesterday Quo played in the over-heated tent of Munich Tollwood Festival in front of a 6,000 packed crowd and they couldn't play the full gig.
The show in Leipzig is to be held now at the 21th of Setpember and the show in Kemten at the 20th of September but this time in the "Big Box Arena".
- 23.06.: yesterday Status Quo played a solid set at the Hessentag2005 in Weilburg/Germany. The sold-out show in a very hot beer-tent saw first Jethro Tull with a good 90 minutes performance. Quo's set in front of a 5,500 crowd was shortened. With "Big fat mama", "Paper Plane" and "Juniors Wailing" being dropped, while the song "Bye Bye Johnny" turned into "Whole lotta shaking going on (Shake Baby shake)". Highlights of the set were "Hold you back" and the more and more bettered song "Gerdundula" with a good 3-minutes drum-solo from Matt Letley.
- 22.06.: the documentary about Status Quo "A day in the life" which was broadcasted by british digital TV "Sound TV" earlier this year, is due to be released on 25th July as official DVD by Classic Pictures Entertainment.
- 22.06.: from today onwards there's a little german tour with 4 shows in Munich (Tollwood Festival), Kempten (Burghalde) Leipzig (Parkbühne). But the kick-off is today at the Hessentag in Weilburg were a sold-out gig is waiting for Jethro Tull and Status Quo. Like Quo Jethro Tull had its hey-day in the 70's. The music can be described as the successful combination of progressive music and the german flute. The song "Locomotive Breath" became a rock classic. With albums such like "Aqualung" and "Minstrel in the gallery" the band around frontman Ian Anderson earned its place in the rock history. But there was also this very unusual album "Thick as a brick", which included only one track and with its 44 minutes is must be the longest rock song ever.
During the "Out in the green" Festivals in 1986 both Status Quo and Jethro Tull were on the bill.
Most notable: Rick Parfitt from Status Quo and Ian Anderson and Martin Barre from Jethro Tull played on Jackie Lynton's Album "Pin-board Wizards". (Cat.Nr.: A New Day Records AND CD14.)
- 20.06.: big surprise in the UK-Album-Charts: the 3-CD-Set "Status Quo - Now and Then" which is only available at the TESCO super market has entered the UK-Album Charts at No.49 !!!!!
- 20.06.: more than 25,000 people saw Status Quo last Saturday at the Ardgillan Castle Festival / Ireland. Status Quo played and is playing irish festivals with Meat Loaf.
- 20.06.: news from the DAILY MIRROR campaign "Status Quo for Live8". A third article was published with the headliner "REINST8 US", telling that almost 3.000 fans wrote in why Status Quo should take part on the Live 8 show scheduled for July 2.
- 20.06.: preview: next Wednesday Status Quo will play in Weilburg / Germany at the Hessentag which is the annual exhibition of the german county HESSEN. This exhibition is full with plenty of events and on this Wednesday Status Quo is playing with JETHRO TULL in a big beer-tent. The show is sold out with 5,000 people.
- 19.06.: last Thursday, June 16 a short report was shown about Status Quo in the german TV "MDR" telling people about their 40th anniversary.
- 15.06.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1985. ...more
- 12.06.: pictures from the Sweden rock-festival can be seen on Gert Ohlsson's site: www.statusquo.com
- 11.06.: there's a new Status Quo-DVD "Down Down" in Netherlands.
- 11.06.: a 3-CD-set called "Collection Now and then" is available at the Tesco Supermarket Group (Cat.No.: CRIMBX55).
- 11.06.: a german TV Hessen 3 (HR3) is broadcasting a one hour Status Quo special at the 14th of July (scheduled for 11.30 p.m. european time).
- 10.06.: a lot of pictures of the show in Katinkulta / Finland can be seen ..here
- 08.06.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF RICH. From 1986 to 2000 he was the drummer of Status Quo and he celebrates his 52nd birthday today. All the best Jeff !!! He is still with his Drum Master Class. More about this project: www.jeffrich.co.uk
- 08.06.: Preview: Status Quo plays 3 scandinavian festivals this week (1x Finland, 1x Sweden, 1x Denmark). The most important festival is the Sweden Rock Festival, the biggest Rock-festival in Sweden, its reputation is well-known all over the world and this year again the line-up of the 3-days-event is stunning. According to the official Sweden Rock website Status Quo will be on the "Rock stage" from 9.45 - 11.15 european time (UK +1), after HAMMERFALL. Headliner is Sammy Hagar, who plays at the big "Festival stage" after Status Quo finished. Seriously the big HM and Hardrock Magazines will have reviews of the Sweden Rock festival. More infos: www.swedenrock.com
- 07.06.: 36.000 people saw last Saturday Status Quo at the Eventiz in Ingolstadt/Germany. The band played a shortened set without Big Fat Mama and Junior's Wailing. The Encore only Rock n Roll Music and Bye Bye Johnny.
- 06.06.: nice pictures from Quo's performance in Ingolstadt/Germany - 4th June 2005 can be seen at the Donaukurier, the local newspaper. (to see all pics click on button "weiter >") pics Ingolstadt 4.6.2005
- 03.06.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1982. ...more
- 30.05.: During the opening show of the new Munich football stadium, Status Quo played in the pouring rain the songs "Whatever you want" and "Rockin all over the world". Quo's performance was broadcasted live and completely by german TV Bayern 3.
- 29.05.: Happy Birthday Francis Rossi. Francis celebrates his 56th birthday today !!! All the best Francis !!
- 27.05.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1981. ...more
- 26.05.: football: Status Quo plays at the opening show of the new Munich football stadium "Allianz Arena" March 30, 2005. The opening match is between 1860 Munich and 1.FC Nurnberg. 1860 failed to promote german Bundesliga in their last match. The match is sold out and according to the official website of 1860 Munich Status Quo will play after the match starting from 10 p.m. european time and the "after show" is estimated 45 minutes including a big firework. The opening match is on german TV but its not known if the show after the match is broadcasted too.
- 25.05.: New releases: the 2x DVD "Insight Status Quo" was released last week in UK and then there's a DVD bootleg called "Boogie - Then and Now" issued in a very nice digipack showing the cover of the '77 "Live!"-album. On the DVD is the "End of the Road" video and last years video of Status Quo at Montreux, which was broadcasted in Swiss TV. ATTENTIONT ! Please note this bootleg DVD is only 1 DVD and not as first written a 2x DVD.
- 24.05.: there's a good review about all remastered CD's in the new issue of the german music magazine "Good Times" (No.3/2005 - in german). Even a critic about "Who's that Girl's" new album "Again" is in the magazine.
- 20.05.: another Status Quo show is announced in french internet: 26th August 2005 - Status Quo appears at the Sporting Summer Festival in Monaco.
The number of concerts has now reached exactly 100 for the year 2005 !!
- 20.05.: the coverband Piledriver appears at the Zwarte Cross Festival in Halle/Netherlands - 16th July. More dutch Piledriver shows: 20.8. Oldeberkoop, Joppe Festival and 3.9. Hengelo, Normaal-Weekend. The band Predatür appears on the Zwarte Cross Festival too - July 15. And the day after they play Frieschepalen/NL in "1913".
- 19.05.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1980. ...more
- 19.05.: according to a current publication of "The Guiness-Book-of-Records" Status Quo is No.25 of the artists with the most weeks in UK charts. Status Quo is listed with a total of 890 weeks in the UK charts. No.1 of this table is Elvis Presley with 2.463 weeks in the UK-Charts; runners-up are Cliff Richard with 1.972 weeks and the Beatles with 1.749 weeks.
- 17.05.: another Status Quo show in Switzerland. Status Quo will perform at the Rocksound Festival of Hutwil - 28.8.2005 (the day after the Zurich show). More information: www.rocksoundfestival.ch
- 16.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB YOUNG! Bob celebrates his big 60th birthday today. All the best Bob. And because of this there's a Bob Young Special on this website to which Bob gave his permission. -> Bob Young Special
- 09.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John "Rhino" Edwards ! Status Quo's bass player celebrates his 52nd birthday. All the best, Rhino !
- 08.05.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1979. ...more
- 05.05.: Status Quo will play at the opening party of the new Munich football-arena "Allianz-Arena" together with Bavarian rock n roll band "Spider Murphy Gang" - May 30, 2005. They say that the new Munich football-arena is the best in Europe. www.allianz-arena.de But the opening match between 1860 Munich and 1.FC Nurnberg is completely sold-out with 66,000 people. If the show is broadcasted on TV is not known yet.
- 02.05.: out of the series "Rockin all over the years" new the review of the year 1978. ...more
- 02.05.: the Status Quo DVD "The Universal Masters DVD Collection" has been released in Australia.
- 02.05.: on Sunday, 8th of May, Status Quo will be on "Coronation Street" (England's most popular "soap opera").
- 29.04.: the dates of the UK-Winter-Tour 2005 are announced. Status Quo will play 35 shows from 29th October onwards. New venues are Cheltenham and Telford. And wisely they booked some bigger venues for their 40th jubilee tour like Sheffield Arena (ca. 11.000 capacity), Cardiff Arena, Glasgow SECC. With this UK-dates the total amount of shows is now 98 (including the not confirmed shows in Basel/Switzerland and Koblenz/Germany and Aberdeen Castle). All concerts of 2005: ...more
- 28.04.: reviews of the remastered CD's can be read on the norwegian website "Metal Express". www.metalexpress.no
- 27.04.: TOPNEWS: Status Quo now signed to SANCTUARY RECORDS with the announcement of a new Quo album out in September.
- 24.04.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1977. ... more
- 22.04.: there's a good website featuring Status Quo videos which have been taped at the World Bowl 2002: ...more
- 22.04.: there's a new good trading website written by Thomas Franckh. www.quolion.net
- 20.04.: another QUO show - July 30, Aberdeen - Crathes Castle.
Rumours about Status Quo at the annual AVO session in Basel/Switzerland - November 10 - according to an internet ticket-service. (But the bands of the AVO sessions will officially not been announced before September)
- 17.04.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1976. ... more
- 12.04.: the english coverband "State of Quo" is performing with John Coghlan next Saturday, April 16 in Stourbridge / The Rock Cafe 2000.
- 12.04.: the new 2x DVD "Insight Status Quo" is now due to be out at the midst of May.
- 10.04.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1975. ... more
- 09.04.: Sigrid from Berlin created wonderful Quo wallpapers and you can get them via her Fan-Gallery website. www.fangallery.de
- 07.04.: Status Quo's performance at the Festival in Grossmehring (near Ingolstadt) (4th June), with Preluders, Hermes Houseband, Fendrich is now officially confirmed.
- 07.04.: Status Quo are headliner on Sunday July 17 at the Guilfest in Guildford (near London).
Sweden-Rockfestival (10.6.): there's no line-up yet, but the "Who's who" signed for this well-known festival.
- 07.04.: Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi will be guest at the british Soap opera "Coronation Street". It's the well-known and successfulst TV-series in british TV.
The main actor is a devoted Quo fan and he wrote the epilog in the Classic Rock special edition.
- 05.04.: the german Status Quo coverband "Staid as Quo" is playing a show on Saturday, April 9 in Mühldorf. For more details here's the link to their website: www.staidasquo.de
- 03.04.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1972. ... more
- 03.04.: according to german promoter Moderne Welt there's another QUO show in Germany; Koblenz, November 11.
- 29.03.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Matt Letley celebrates his 44.birthday on the 29th of March and Andy Bown's 59th birtday was on EASTERN.
- 26.03.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1971. ... more
- 26.03.: the new fanclub magazine of the dutch fanclub "The Army 69" is published now. The show in Schijndels, "De Molenheide" is confirmed - November 12, 2005. Special Guests are Manfred Mann's Earthband and Ten Years After.
- 25.03.: the 2xDVD "INSIDE STATUS QUO 1968-1991-THE ULTIMATE CRITICAL REVIEW" will be released now in mid of May (see also info 22.02.). Here the Link to: www.classicrockdirect.com
- 25.03.: last Sunday March 20, saw a very good 2-hour Status Quo special in german internet radio www.RMNradio.de with plenty of Quo music and a good review of Quo's history. (all in german)
- 21.03.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1970. ... more
- 20.03.: more Status Quo shows: 15. July Rochester Castle (UK) and 4.10. Aalen (D) Both shows are not confirmed yet.
- 17.03.: Peter Kraus, the german Rock 'n Roller, released a cover album at the end of last year, including the song "Rockin all over the world". The album is called "Rock 'n Roll is back"
- 16.03.: in the english Classic Rock Mag (April 2005) there's a good live review of the manchester gig. Also there are review of the remaster series part II.
- 12.03.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1969. ... more
- 12.03.: Status Quo plays at the Grand Prix Race Formula One in Sepang/Malaysia - Sunday 20th March. They appear after the race at the "Astro F1 Concert".
- 07.03.: today the 2nd batch of the remastered CD's was released. This albums: "Rockin all over the world" ('77) "If you can't stand the heat" ('78) "Whatever you want" ('79) "Just supposin" ('80) "Never too late" ('81). More details on the official Status Quo homepage: www.statusquo.co.uk
- 05.03.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1968. ... more
- 04.03.: there's a 2-hours Special in german webradio RMNradio.de - March 20 from 8 p.m. - 10 p.m. (european time). More infos here (click on Specials): www.rmnradio.de
- 03.03.: the norwegian Metall Express did an interview with Rick Parfitt which can be heard in the internet and there's a review about the show in Oslo. ...more
- 02.03.: german shows in September and October officially confirmed. More summer shows in UK; added Chichester Festival. All shows see Link "GIG DATES".
- 27.02.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jackie Lynton. Today Jackie celebrates his 65th birthday. All the best !!
- 26.02.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1967. ... more
- 26.02.: there's a new digital channel "Sound TV" in UK which will be broadcasting a Status Quo special called "A day in the Life of Status Quo" on March 4, March 6 and March 10.
- 25.02.: german concert promoter Moderne Welt confirmed a new german show: September 30, Status Quo in Emden with the swiss heavy metal band "Gotthard".
More german autumn dates:
23.09. Heilbronn, Zelt 24.09. St.Leon-Roth, Harres 25.09. Hamburg, CCH 3 27.09. Dresden, Schlachthof 28.09. Zwickau, Stadthalle 01.10. Braunschweig, VW-Halle 02.10. Hameln, Rattenfängerhalle 05.10. Saarburg, Stadthalle 07.10. Landshut, Sparkassen-Arena 08.10. Essen, Grugahalle 09.10. Tuttlingen, Stadthalle
- 23.02.: more confirmed summer shows: Katinkulta, Finland (9.6.) - Sölvesberg Sweden Rock Festival (10.6.) - Nordals Festival Denmark (11.6.) - Vig Festival Denmark (9.7.) - Tingbersvallen Sweden (10.7.). All conerts via the link: GIG DATES
- 22.02.: TOPNEWS: "Classicrockdirect" release a Status Quo Bookset with 2x-DVD in May 2005. "INSIDE STATUS QUO 1968-1991-THE ULTIMATE CRITICAL REVIEW". 1 DVD includes "Critical Reviews - (of concerts)" and 1 DVD "Classic Quo From The Vaults". Also including a book with comprehensive Track-by-Track analysis of Quo's studio-albums from 1968-1991. Here the Link to: www.classicrockdirect.com
- 22.02.: the 2 shows in Ireland with Meat Loaf (18.6. + 7.7.) are now officially confirmed. (see on this News page 31.12.) And another confirmed Status Quo show is at the Hatton Country Park/near Warwick (21.7.). All current shows via the link: GIG DATES
- 18.02.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1966. ... more
- 17.02.: the record company Universal decided to release Remaster CD's of the Quo albums "1+9+8+2"; "Back to back"; "In the Army now"; "Rock til you drop"; "Ain't complaining"; "Perfect Remedy"; Thirsty Work".
- 17.02.: special guest of the shows in Sweden was Dave Edmunds. He played the song "Mess of Blues".
- 17.02.: LIDL (UK) release "The Hitmachine" CD next week.
- 17.02.: in March and April Status Quo is due to recording sessions for a new studio album.
- 14.02.: another Status Quo Compilations-CD appeared in Russia. -> Cover   And the VHS-Video "Rocking through the years" (with russian letter) appeared too in Russia.
- 09.02.: out of the series "Rockin' all over the years" new the review of the year 1965. ... more
- 07.02.: Happy Birthday ALAN LANCASTER. Quo's bass player from 1962 - 1985 celebrates his 56th birthday. It was very quiet around Alan, but at the end of last year he appeared with an interview in the australian radio-station Classic Rock.
- 07.02.: the remaster CD's failed to chart in this weeks UK-Album-Charts.
- 02.02.: the german QUO-Coverband Piledriver plays in Hohenems (Vorarlberg) / Austria at the Tennis-Event-Center - Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005. Showtime around midnight.
- 02.02.: 6 remaster CD's have been released in UK. "Piledriver" "Hello!" "Quo" "On the Level" "Blue for you" and "Live!".
- 02.02.: the australian radio station Classic Rock broadcasted an Alan Lancaster interview on the 29th of Nevember 2004. This interview can now be downloaded. ...Alan Lancaster Interview
- 30.01.: the 11 Remaster-CD's are now officially confirmed. At the official Quo website the detailled track listing can be seen. M;enawhile Universal published re-releases of Status Quo CD's to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the reocrd company. The long time very rare and expensive Status Quo CD " Whatever you want/Just supposin", out of the Back2Back series has now been re-released alongside with other QUO CD's (Perfect Remedy, Aint complaing, Don't Stop, It's only rock n roll, Rockin all over the years). For more information click here: www.statusquo.co.uk
- 29.01.: the german music-retailer JPC offers now a new Status Quo DVD "Universal Masters Dvd C" which planned release is stated as April 4, 2005. www.jpc.de
- 28.01.: according to the website of the german promoter Moderne Welt/Stuttgart, 3 more german shows are planned for June. 24.6. Munich/Tollwood-Festival, 25.6. at the Open air of the Burghald above the old town-square of Kempten/Allgäu (South Germany) and 26.6. Leipzig.
- 27.01.: stormy live performances at the rescheduled UK shows. Yesterday a 4.000 sell-out crowd saw a fantastic Quo show in Harrogate.
- 27.01.: meanwhile the "Thinking of you" single still in the charts of lithuanian radio FM66 (6th week - No.31).
- 25.01.: from "The Night of the Proms" a Best-of-CD is released in Germany feat. Status Quo with the "Quo Intro" and "Whatever you want". And from Live Aid '85 a Best-of DVD has been published recently. On this 77 minute compilation Status Quo can be seen with "Rockin' all over the world".
- 21.01.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pete Kircher. Quo's drummer from 1982 - 1985 celebrates his 57th birthday. All the best, Pete !
- 21.01.: the german band "Rockin Bones" recorded another 12 new songs. A short medley can be heard on their website. When the new CD is available I'll write it down here. www.rockinbones.de
- 20.01.: "Thinking of you" now No.30 of the lithuanian charts of FM99-Radios. (5th week)
- 20.01.: the french RTL-Radio is broadcasting a 2 hour special of Status Quo in their series "Saga" - January 29, 2005 - 11 p.m. european time. ...more
- 19.01.: officially confirmed: Status Quo in Zurich, Hallenstadion - August 27. "Midnight Blue" special guests on the Denmark concerts.
- 18.01.: look back: today 30 years ago Status Quo was No. 1 in the Uk-Single-Charts with the song "Down Down".
- 17.01.: special guest on the re-scheduled UK-shows are TOKYO DRAGONS. The February rescheduled dates is Mike Peters special guest. ...more
- 15.01.: Status Quo is announced for the dutch "Drentse Daver Dagen"-Festival in Ruinerwold near Drentse - May 28, 2005. More information: ... click here
- 11.01.: a 2-minutes video from the dutch shows in Zwolle and Amsterdam from 1979 can be seen in the internet. www.classicrockphotos.nl
- 11.01.: the new single "Thinking of you" now No.33 of the lithuatian charts of radio FM99 (4th week).
- 11.01.: the latest issue of the dutch fanclub "The Army 68" has been published.
- 11.01.: I have updated the statistics of all Quo shows; now 2.140 recorded shows. gig statistics
- 07.01.: the Status Quo Album "In the Army Now" has been released in Russia. click here for Cover
And the "Under the Influence" Album has been released in Russia too in a very nice gatefold-package which is covered by a cardbox-sleeve showing the original album-cover. (Kat.Nr. CDM 0204-1684) click for frontcover and inside cover
- 04.01.: the first french Quo-Party is in DUNKERQUE - March 26 with the french coverband "Vincent and Quo". More about this Quo-Party, click this link: www.statusquo.free.st
- 02.01. : brandnew the 2. Bob Young Interview with questions from fans mainly from the Message board of Quo's official site. ...more
- 01.01. : please find here the year review 2004. ...more
- 31.12.: according to the irish online ticket-service: www.ticketmaster.ie Status Quo and Meat Loaf are playing at the Irish Rock Festival - June 18, 2005 - Ardgillan Castle (near Dublin). www.ticketmaster.ie
- 31.12.: to coincide with the big 40th anniversary of Status Quo I will particularly take a look back on all 40 years of Quo's career like I've started with the year reviews. There will be reports about highlights e.g. 1982 NEC - Butlins - Rock til you drop day. If you have been on special Quo shows like the above mentioned or the stadium tour with Queen 1986 - Knebworth - Glasgow 1976 - End of the road tour and you want to send in your report, please feel free - your always welcome.
click here for news of the year 2004