"ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE YEARS" - The Spectres in the year 1966 concerts, releases, TV, charts, publications
"ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE YEARS" - The Spectres in the year 1966
concerts, releases, TV, charts, publications
1. the saying is that Alan Lancaster's nick name "NUFF" was found in France. It's from the french "Le Nuffler" which means "little pig".
2. Germany saw its Beatlemania: the Beatles-BRAVO-Tour attracted most of the people and was a big sensation. The Beatles LP "Rubber Soul" was No.1 for 16 weeks in Germany.
3. the hits of the year 1966 in UK were:
Singles: 1.Green green grass of home (Tom Jones) 2. Distant Drums (Jim Reeves) 3. Yellow Submarine (Beatles)
Albums: 1. The sound of music (Soundtrack - 28 weeks No.1 in UK) 2. Rubber Soul (Beatles) 3. Aftermath (Rolling Stones)
4. Football: FC Liverpool won the english championship. Celtic Glasgow won the scottish league.
5. England won the football worldcup with a 4:2 win over Germany after extra time.
6. The cinema showed "The Silencers" (with Dean Martin) and in America a series called "Star Trek" started on TV. Another TV series: "The Flintstones".