Status Quo news of the year 2009
- 31.12.: the 2009 "Status Quo" year review in pictures: ...more
- 31.12.: today 6.05 pm Status Quo in concert at Radio Wales: ...mehr
- 29.12.: Status Quo voted for the most hard working band this year. Last year runners-up, this time Status Quo won the vote with over 250,000 fans in 27 shows.
- 28.12.: on New Years Eve Status Quo 3x in german television. The best broadcast is in SAT3 which you can access via satellite from abroad. It will be at 1 pm UK time and shows an edited version of the Montreux 2009 show. In the evening RTL is showing Status Quo and Scooter with their single and in the night a 70s clip of Status Quo in the germman DISCO series can be seen.
- 24.12.: New entry on the "Seek/offer"-page. ...more
- 22.12.: Bob Young wrote a new blog which he published on his website. ...more
- 21.12.: today the new magazine of the official Status Quo fanclubs "From the makers of" arrived. Most important information: in April 2010 the band starts recording songs for a new album which should be out at the end of 2010.
- 21.12.: today is the 2nd anniversary of Bob Youngs website. Therefore he put many new photos up on his website and the studio demo of "Hold You Back" and the video of Bob gigging at his daughters wedding in June 2009. ...more
- 19.12.: News of John Coghlan. Bramble and Coghlan ( Bramble and The Banned ) are recording a new album of hard boogie and slide guitar for release in January. www.ianbramble.com
John played on Ian Bramble's christmas song. Watch the video -> link "streamed videos" above left.
- 17.12.: Francis Rossi has recorded a 2nd solo album which will be releaded by EDEL in April 2010 - "One Step at a Time" Earmusic. And after the release there is a solo tour with an eight man band, here are the dates:
12.05.2010 Edinburgh Queens Hall
13.05.2010 Birmingham Town Hall
14.05.2010 Manchester Academy
16.05.2010 London Her Majesty's
18.05.2010 Cardiff Glee Club
19.05.2010 Sheffield Memorial Hall
Tickets gibt es bei www.livenation.co.uk oder der Tel.Nr. 0044 844 576 5483
- 17.12.: the "Goin' Quoin'"-Buch has now delivered. The books comes in a nice package and it includes on 400 pages many gig reports from fans about Status Quo from 1965 !! to date. All proceedings go to the Shona-Smile-Foundation (Shona, a young girl, died on cancer). ISBN 978-0-9564146-0-1 Adam Publishing
- 15.12.: pictures from Brighton and Wembley are available now. ...more
- 13.12.: New entry on the "Seek/offer"-page. ...more
- 12.12.: News from the current UK-Tour: added to the setlist now the song "Burning Bridges", Its the first song of the encore.
- 09.12.: the song "Christmas In The Sun" by Rolf Harris and Rick Parfitt is only available via download www.amazon.co.uk or as part of the 3 CD-Box "Its Chrismas Time".
- 07.12.: News from the UK tour; after Francis Rossi recovered the band continued the tour with the start of the big arena shows. An interesting Rcik Parfitt intervierw has been published by Andy Cole in the Birmingham Mail. ...more
- 03.12.: again a german date for 2010 comfirmed. This time Status Quo at the Zelt Musik Festival in Freiburg on the 21st July. Note: without the rescheduled shows 44 concerts are already announced for 2010. ...more
- 27.11.: another 5 shows had to be cancelled due to bronchitis of Francis Rossi. Next concert is to be the 4th December in Cardiff.
- 25.11.: Status Quo to play in Dubai at the 6th Febuary on the FMX - Bike expo. ...more
- 23.11.: the shows in Ipswich and Cambridge had to be cancelled due to illness of Francis Rossi.
- 19.11.: each month Bob Young releases a song on his website. Today he put up the original demo of the Rossi/Young song "Crazy For You". ...more
- 19.11.: Note: I've got a very nice email today regarding the planned Bob Young interview. The old questions have not gone, they aere still here, but as time passed by Bob wanted to have new questions !!!
- 18.11.: Bob Young wants to have your questions for another interview at the end of this year. click here
- 18.11.: more tour dates for 2010; 2 summer shows for Germany announced: 21.08. Braunschweig - 24.08. Bonn and a french tour for October 2010 announced too.
- 17.11.: Rick Parfitt recorded a single together with Rolf Harris - "Christmas In The Sun" which will be released as a single on the 7th December. The song will be included on UMTV's triple CD set "Its Christmas Time" due to be released on the 23rd November.
- 15.11.: tonights show in Stoke-On-Trent had to be cancelled due to illness of Francis Rossi.
- 14.11.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog on his website: ...more
- 12.11.: a Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi interview is featured in the last issue of the Record Collector, which now is linked to the official Status Quo website: ...more
- 12.11.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paul Hirsh. He is celebrating his 56th birthday. Paul was substitute of Andy Bown from the year 2000 to 2002.
- 11.11.: german promoter Klaus Bönisch announced 9 Status Quo shows in Germany in October 2010, again double shows this time with special guests Spider Murphy Gang from Munich: 21.10. Mannheim, Mozartsaal -
22.10. Zwickau, Stadthalle -
23.10. Stuttgart, Porsche-Arena -
25.10. Erfurt, Messehalle -
26.10. Berlin, Tempodrom -
27.10. München, Olympiahalle -
29.10. Hannover, AWD-Halle -
30.10. Emden, Nordseehalle -
01.11. Essen, Grugahalle
- 10.11.: first shows for a german tour in October November 2010 announced: ...more
- 10.11.: today is kick-off of the UK-Tour in Bristol. Until the 21st December Status Quo are playing 31 shows in UK. Special guest in November is the german band Reamonn who had many hits in Germany. Roy Wood Rock & Roll Band are special guests at the big arena shows in December.
- 09.11.: there are some nice photos from Quo's show in Berlin. ...more
- 09.11.: new entry on the page "Seek/Sell". A fan from Switzerland is offering an original autogramm from Status Quo of the late 60s. ...more
- 04.11.: the dutch fanclub published his new magazine "The Army 84" erschienen. It contents a good write up about John Coghlan in Kerkrade.
- 31.10.: photos from Stuttgart are now available. The photos are ll very nice, because the pictures showed on the screens changed into very colourful pictures. Btw: you see bits of the "Beginning" Video and from the "In the army now" video. PART 1 und PART 2
- 31.10.: approx. 6,000 fans saw last nights Status Quo show in the Porsche Arena of Stuttgart. The band in great mood with a stunning performance with Francis Rossi in top form. 105 minutes of pure Rock n Roll. A new light show new pictures on the screens, a new tour programme and some new t-shirts.
- 29.10.: there are some pictures from Quo's show at Madgeburg, Germany. ...more
- 26.10.: the book "Goin' Quoin'" can now be ordered. The price is 14,99 pounds and all proceeds go to the Shona-Smiles foundation (www.shonassmile.org).
Shona, a 10 year old girl died on cancer and she was a big Status Quo fan and so her parents. Even the band took notice. You can order via email: email@example.com
This is a small preview of what is in the book www.goinquoin.webs.com
- 26.10.: today an austrlian radiostation broadcasted a phone interview with Francis Rossi. Here is the link to listen to the interview: ...more
- 25.10.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY LYNES! Status Quo's former keyboard player is celebrating his 66th birthday today.
- 23.10.: there is a competition announced at the official Status Quo website from "Live Nation". You can win tickets for the forthcoming arena shows or Montreux-Live DVDs. ...more
- 22.10.: a short summary from the first 2 german shows; Status Quo with solid performances but less crowds, Munster only 1,250 people and Saarbrucken 1,800 people. Setlist as played in Antwerpen. Use the gig dates link for the current setlist.
- 19.10.: both the original demo and the first writing of the Parfitt/Young song "One By One" have been publihed today on Bob Youngs website. ...mehr
- 19.10.: 3 finnish gig dates for 2010 have been announced: 28.3. Helsinki/Finlandia-talo, 29.3. Tampere/Pakkahuone, 30.3. Turku/Caribia.
- 17.10.: the new live DVD is now released in Germany too..
- 16.10.: Australia-Tour in March 2010. The dates: Sydney 10th March - Brisbane 11th March - Melbourne 13th March - Adelaide 14th March - Perth 17th March. Support are: Screaming Jets. Tickets can be ordered from 27zh October onwards at: wwww.chuggentertainment.com
- 15.10.: Status Quo was in the ITV show "This morning" with the song "Caroline" and on the 20th October Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi will be at the Steve Wright Show of the BBC2 radio.
- 12.10.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK PARFITT ! He is celebrating his 61st birthday today. Since 1967 he is playing for Status Quo. All the best Rick !!!
- 11.10.: 8 years ago the QUOTICKER site went online. Thank you very much for surfing this site and for the good feedback.
- 09.10.: tomorrow, Saturday 10th Oktober, Francis Rossi is being interviewed on the british rock radio station Planet Rock. From 7 pm you can listen to this interview. Also you can win the new DVD "Montreux" and tickets for the new tour. ...more
- 05.10.: out of the german Status Quo discography today the album "Never Too Late" of the year 1981. ...more
- 04.10.: the new tour is christened: Pictures exposed World tour 2009/2010
- 02.10.: Reamonn , the great german band, are support of Status Quo during their November tour. In December Roy Wood Rock & Roll Band are special guests.
- 01.10.: another concert for 2010 came to surface. Status Quo are to play Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam on the 19th October 2010. Tickets go on sale on the 9th October 2009. ...more
- 29.09.: there is an 1-hour Status Quo special at the norwegian radiostation NRK on Friday night (2.10.) - 11.03 pm european time. ...more
- 28.09.: 2 poems and 2 original handwritten lyrics have been published today on Bob Youngs website. ...more
- 20.09.: today Bob Young wrote his new Blog: ...more
- 19.09.: Bob Young published the original demo of "Rhythm Of Life" on his website. The song is featured on the "Heavy Traffic" album. ...more
- 19.09.: more tour posters added to the gallery. Please note, I will do a big update in October, as I decided to increase the webspace of the Quoticker !!! ...more
- 19.09.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN COGHLAN ! Status Quo's former drummer (until 1982) celebrates his 63rd birthday. He recently was very busy on the road with gigs all over Europe with his band John Coghlan's Quo or with the King Earls Boogie Band or as member of an All Star Band. All the best John!
- 14.09.: Carousel Vertigo is support band at the show in Paris. ...more
- 13.09.: until the 17th October a well-earned rest for the band. Quo's bass-player, John "Rhino" Edwards is playing 2 shows with his band WOODEDZ. On the 25th September they are playing the Half Moon Club in Putney, London. On the 26th September Woodedz are the headliner of the "Quoparty 2009", the annual french fan-meeting. They will be supported by irish rock band PAY*OLA and a local hardrock coverband. (see flyer above) For more info, tickets etc go to www.quofrance-asso.fr
- 09.09.: the book "Goin' Quoin' by Yvonne Hanvey will be published in October (see flyer above). It includes many gig reports about Status Quo.
- 07.09.: all details about the recently released 3-CD Box "The Status Quo Collection" via the german Weltbild Verlag are now known: ...more
- 03.09.: photos from Kerkrade (with John Coghlan) - Stadtallendorf and Zurich have been added. ...more
- 02.09.: this week the band will tour Spain with 5 shows until a well-earned rest for 5 weeks.
- 30.08.: another date for next year: Status Quo at the Summerdays Festival in Arbon, Switzerland - August 27, 2010. First 1,000 tickets on sale from 31st August this year. ...mehr
- 28.08.: sorry; jno updates because of technical problems (no connection to the world wide web) but now again news around Status Quo: Zurich, 22nd August 2009: Statuis Quo with a brilliant performance in front of an almost sold-out 13,000 crowd at the amazing Zurich Hallenstadion.
And to tp it; Flyers were given to the people showing that Status Quo will play again in Zurich in 2011 (!!). Thats in 2 years and tickets are already available. Thats very unique to announce a show which is in 2 years.
And there is more news: the german Weltbild-Verlag is exclusively selling a 3-CD Box "Status Quo - The Collection" - including 40 songs. ...more
- 21.08.: photos from the last german show inStadtallendorf (15th Aug. 2009) have been put up: ...more
- 19.08.: the original demo of "Another Day" has been put up on Bob Young's homepage. ...more
- 16.08.: drummer Don Powell of Slade plans a new world record - with 600 drummers playing 5 minutes at the NIA Birmingham. Quo's ex-drummer John Coghlan will be taking part.
- 16.08.: the 2 shows in Germany went down very well with 2 fantastic performances of Status Quo, who played the usual shortened festival set.
- 13.08..: the show in Northeim am 16.8. has been cancelled.
- 03.08..: a new TV documentary about Status Quo is broadcasted on the 15th August at the british Biography Channel and will be included on the DVD / Blue Ray Deluxe Edition "Pictures live in Montreux". ...mehr
- 02.08..: Bob Young published new photos lyrics and poems on his website. The original handwritten lyrics of the Rossi/Young songs "Play Me That Song" and "Railroad". ...more
- 02.08.: Quos-ex drummer John Coghlan is talking about his 20-years career with Status Quo to a live audience. Its called "An audience with John Coghlan". The next date is the 22nd August in Kerkrade, Netherlands. John is playing with his band John Coghlans Quo featuring the 2 guitarists of the band Predatur who are known playing stuff very close to Quo, especially their album "Mean" which reminds you on the early 70's Quo.
- 01.08.: Status Quo with a stunning püerformance at the Rock of Ages-Festival in Germany (Line up: Thunder, Axel Rudi Pell and Status Quo). Here are some pictures: ...more
- 30.07.: new entry at the seek/sell page. Someone is selling a FRANCIS ROSSI Signature green modified 58' Japan Fender Repro Guitar. ...more
- 29.07.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog which is up on his website: ...more
And Quo's bass player John "Rhino" Edwards wrotes his personal views of the last shows in his regular tourlog. Very nice photos on there of the Glastonbury Festival. ...more
- 26.07.: another tour date announced; on 10.September Status Quo are playing at the Oceans Club in Gibraltar.
- 23.07.: the whole setlist of the filmed show in Montreux will be on the DVD / Blue Ray which is to be released on the 12th October. (Bonus: Interview with Francis and Rick) ...more
- 23.07.: the new magazine of the dutch fanclub "The Army 83" has been published. Content: a gig report about Quo's show in Dortmund, Germany and a write-up about the Crossed Guitar Festival in Frieschepalen and an interview with John Coghlan.
- 22.07.: the album "In Search Of The Fourth Chord" is to be released in the USA on the 15th September by Eagle Rock.
- 22.07.: first show for 2010 announced at a french website: Status Quo in Cahors, France on the 1st May 2010. ...mehr
- 20.07.: the Tidworth Festival has been cancelled, becuase the promoter has been placed into administration.
- 19.07.: Bob Young published the original demo of the single "You'll Come 'Round" on his website. Also he put up more lyrics and photos. ...more
- 17.07.: on Saturday, 18th July there is a Status Quo Special at the german radio station "Rockantenne Bayern" at 5 pm european time. ...more
- 17.07.: there are nice photos of Quo's show at the Montreux Jazz Festival. ...more
- 16.07.: todays show in Montreux was filmed for a DVD edition which is to be released in mid October.
- 10.07.: John Coghlan, Quos ex-drummer was and is currently touring with his band John Coghlans Quo, these tracks are played: Caroline -
Down Down -
In My Chair -
Down The Dustpipe -
4500 Times -
Don't Drive My Car -
Roll Over Lay Down
Big Fat Mama -
Paper Plane -
April,Spring, Summer & Wednesdays -
Rockin all over the world -
Hold You Back -
Bye Bye Johnny
Also John was interviewed in April this year. This interview has been published now: ...mpre
- 08.07.: there is a video of Status Quo performance at the Avoine Blues Festival, France: ...more
- 06.07.: more information about the 2 german releases see picture above and link "new releases".
- 30.06.: there is to be a new book - Going Quoing" from Yvonne Harvey. It will feature gig reports written by Quo fans.
- 29.06.: Videos of the Glastonbury-Auftritt from Sky-News ...more
and the ITV video on the YouTube website: ...more
- 26.06.: the Glastonbury festival will be on BBC 4 TV 8 to 9 pm UK time.
- 26.06.: headline of the day certainly the death of Michael Jackson. The music world lost a great artist. And most notable exactly 10 years ago he and Status Quo played at the "Concert for Cosovo" in Seoul - 25th June 1999.
- 25.06.: more updates on Bob Youngs website: a very old photo of Rick and Francis and the handwritten lyrics of "Like A Good Girl" and "Little Heartbreaker". ...more
- 22.06.: currently Status Quo touring in Scandinavia with a show in Denmark and one show in Norway. At the end of the week the much awaited performance at the Glastonbury Festival in England, which surely will be a highlight for the band in this years itinary.
- 22.06.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog which is now up on his website ...more
- 19.06.: the original demo of "Its Stupid Cupid" from the "The Party Ain't Over Yet"-Album was published today by Bob Young on his website: ...more
- 17.06.: John Coghlan, Quo's ex-drummer in Germany. Next Saturday, 20th June he is playing with a Classic Allstar Band in Wattenscheid. ...more
- 14.06.: Status Quo played 2 shows in Germany this week. On Wednesday in front of a 7.000 crowd at the Westfalenhalle Dortmund with Deep Purple and yesterday a solid performance at the 1.Classic Rockfestival in Muhldorf (near Munich). A very good line-up at this festival with the Hooters, Roger Hogson (Supertramp) and Deep Purple attracted a strong 13,000 crowd. Both shows with a shortened set-list with a playing time of approx. 75 min.
- 10.06.: more releases:
1. "In Cearch of the fourth chord" (Diamond edition) by Edel Records Germany - release date: 26th June
2. "Live in Montreux" the show isn't played but in Sweden a DVD and a Blue Ray is announced for the 14th October.
- 10.06.: the second part of a Francis Rossi intereview was broadcasted today by Radio DRS3 Switzerland.
- 08.06.: Happy Birthday Jeff Rich. He was Status Quo's drummer from 1986 to 2000 and today he is celebrating his 56th birthday. All the best, Jeff!!!
- 04.06.: the swiss radio station DRS3 is broadcasting a Francis Rossi interview next Saturday, June 6 - 7 pm UK time. Main theme is his collaborations with Paul Camilleri and the swiss band Vivian.
- 01.06.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog on his website. ...more
- 29.05.: Mercury announced the release of a new series called "2 for 1", which means 2 albums of each artist on 2 CD's for the price of 1 CD. Status Quo is featured with "On the Level/Quo". Planned release: 10th July.
- 29.05.: Happy Birthday FRANCIS ROSSI ! The founder member of the band is celebrating his 60th birthday. All the best, Francis.
- 28.05.: Saturday, May 30, sees the start of the summer shows with the kick-off at the Kopervik Festival in Norway. More than 70 shows will follow til the end of the year. A highlight will be Quo's performance at the Glastonbury Festival, June 28. One day before, Bruce Springsteen is playing at this festival.
- 19.05.: today Bob Young published the original demo of "You Let Me Down" on his website. ...mehr
- 18.05.: new interview with Francis Rossi made in Switzerland this weekend. ...more
- 16.05.: Happy Birthday Bob Young! He is celebrating his 64th birthday. All the best Bob.
- 14.05.: officially confirmed, the show in Montreux Switzerland (July 16) is to be filmed and later the year a DVD will be released and tickets are now on sale.
- 13.05.: Francis Rossi is coming to Switzerland and this Saturday, May 16 he will be in Luzern together with the swiss band Vivian for a signing hour at the Soundhouse Luzern (5 to 6 pm'). Vivian is releasing a 2nd radio single "Wanna go to Mars" featuring Francis Rossi on vocals.
- 13.05.: the readers of the german music magazine "Good-Times" voted Status Quo on No.12 of the best bands ever.
- 12.05.: the new magazine of the dutch fanclub "The Army 82" has been published. There is a write-up about Paul Hirsh (ex-Keyboarder of Status Quo) and an interview with Baz from the band Predatur.
- 12.05.: Status Quo are in german television - 22nd May at RTL "The ultimative chart show - the favourite songs of men!" 9 pm european time.
- 09.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John "Rhino" Edwards. Status Quo's bass player is celebrating his 56th birthday. Today he is live "on stage" with his band "WOODEDZ" at the Chickenshed Theatre, Southgate London.
- 05.05.: Bob Young's new blog is out and some photos from his recent China trip are online. ...more
- 02.05.: the retailer www.saltyrockz.com is offering a Status Quo shirt. (click on button Rock Stars) ...more
- 29.04.: more tour posters added to the gallery. ...more
- 27.04.: Matt Letley, Status Quo's drummer was running the London marathon and reached after 4:50 hours the finishing line on pos. 17,513. Well done, Matt.
- 23.04.: Message from Bernadette, Francis daughter: Hey everyone!
As some of you may know we shot a t.v. show at the beginning of the
with Moe Berg and Laurence Currie, well last night it aired and we are
very happy with how it turned out! Please take a moment if you get a
chance to check it out! Hope you enjoy and thanks for the support!!
Bernadette xo Note, 22 min. running time ...more
- 22.04.: while Quo isn't on tour John "Rhino" Edwards is playing some shows with his band WOODEDZ. The first one is on the 9th May at Londons Chickenshed Theatre, Chase Side, Southgate.
More Woodedz-Shows on the 22nd May in Duisburg, Parkhaus, Germany (with the Quo-Coverband Purequo) and on the 23rd May in Frieschepalen, Netherlands at the Crossed Guitar Festival.
- 21.04.: the german coverband Piledriver has confirmed more tour dates for 2009 - mostly in Netherlands. ...more
- 19.04.: the original demo of "Thinking Of You" has been published on Bob Youngs website. ...more
- 18.04.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog on his website. ...more
- 17.04.: there is a new page on the Quoticker site, all official Status Quo live albums: ...more
- 16.04.: today the Climax Blues Band, with John Edwards and Jeff Rich (ex-Quo drums) is giving a memorial concert because of the death of a band member.
- 10.04.: all visitors of this website a happy Easter 2009.
- 03.04.: the new Blog of Bob Young is up: ...more
- 02.04.: TOPNEWS - Status Quo at the Montreux Jazzfestival - 16th July 2009 with John Fogerty. ... Tickets
- 29.03.: Happy Birthday MATT LETLEY! Quo's drummer is celebrating his 48th birthday and besides Quo he is doing the headlines because he is running the London Marathon - 26th April. All the best Matt!
- 29.03.: with the now confirmed show in Antwerpen on the 18th October the total number of shows in 2009 is now 82. (with 16 concerts already played).
- 29.03.: more interesting photos, lyrics and poems up on Bob Young's homepage: ...more
- 27.03.: Happy Birthday ANDY BOWN! Status Quo's keyboarder is celebrating his 63rd birthday. All the best Andy!
- 25.03.: Woodedz and the irish rock band Pay'ola are playing at the Quoparty2009, the french fan-meeting, in Billy Montigny - 26th September.
- 22.03.: News from France: just announced Status Quo play at the Casino de Paris - 17th October.
- 22.03.: John Coghlan, Quo's ex_drummer, is playing with the King Earl Boogie Band. This band recently released a Live CD called "LOADED & LIVE" (Angel Air). The CD is available via: www.fenn-music.de
- 19.03.: Bob Young published the original demo "Get Up And Go" on his website. This song later went on "The Party Ain't Over Yet"-album. ...more
- 19.03.: another top act for the big german festival in Muhldorf with Status Quo and Deep Purple was announced yesterday: its Roger Hodgson (Supertramp). The festival takes place on the racecourse of Muhldorf 40 miles east of Munich and is promoted by the big bavarian radio station "Antenne Bayern". ...more
- 17.03.: Matt Letley, Quo's drummer, published his new Blog on his website. Also he uploaded a solo video from the Ipswich show. ...more
- 17.03.: Quo are playing at the famous Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool - 12th June. That's the racecourse where the annual "Grand National" takes place.
- 16.03.: new photos and poems are up on Bob Young's homepage. ...more
- 13.03.: news from Germany: Woodedz with John "Rhino" Edwards are playing in Duisburg at the Parkhaus Meiderich - 22nd May 2009. ...more
- 11.03.: the swiss band Vivian is back. They were support of Status Quo during 2007 / 2008 and the band and Francis Rossi became friendly. On the new Vivian album "Nordic Hotel", which will be out on March 20, Francis Rossi sings guest vocals on the track "Wanna Go To Mars“. Here's the link to listen to this song: ...more
- 10.03.: headlines of the day: "The ponytail has gone". Francis Rossi now without his ponytail which he used to wear since the mid-80s.
- 10.03.: John "Rhino" Edwards will be playing with his band WOODEDZ at Thames Valley Harley Davidson's Grand Open Day in Slough on the 28th of March - 2 show times 12 o'clock and 3 pm.
- 09.03.: Bob Young updated his website. Bob has made a few corrections to the various websites in his current Blog 40. These websites should now open. ...more
- 06.03.: News from John Coghlan, Quo's ex-drummer: he published several gigs on his website. ...more
- 05.03.: today SKY TV showed Status Quo in their programme called "Hour with Status Quo".
- 05.03.: the currently released 2x-Live CD "Pictures live in Ipswich" is already sold out. The download is still available.
- 04.03.: a cover version of "In the Army now" is this years hymn of "Les Enfoires", which is a well-known event of french musicians to raise money for the charity fund of "les restos du coeur" Here is the link for the video: ...more
- 03.03.: new entry at "seek/sell" - a Quo collection to sell, lots of VHS and Maxi-Singles and tourbooks ect. ...more
- 28.02.: a new Status Quo sampler is announced for the end of March/beginning of April - the CD is called "Classic" and includes 15 Quo-classics out of the Vertigo aera. More see link "new releases"
- 27.02.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE LYNTON! He is celebrating his 69th birthday. He was the man with the famous announcement on the legendary "Live 77!"-album, he co-wrote the Quo hit "Again & Again". He is a great Quo fan - see his album "Live at the Bleak House" and his album "Pinboard Wizards" features Rick Parfitt. There is a website about Jackie. ...more
- 26.02.: the official Status Quo website published today the dates of this years UK winter tour. Status Quo are playing 31 shows during November and December 2009 in UK. The total number of confirmed shows is now 77 for the year 2009. All UK-dates via the link "tour dates".
- 23.02.: Francis Rossi was recently interviewed by "Belfast Telegraph TV". Quo are to play Carrickfergus Castle, Northern Ireland on the 29th August. Here is the link to watch the interview: ...more
- 23.02.: after 8 weeks the "Pictures"-Album dropped to No.40 of the Swedish album charts.
- 19.02.: now available the new Live-CD "Pictures live" from the concert in Ipswich, 17.02.2009 ...more
- 19.02.: the new magazine of the official Status Quo fanclub "From the makers of..." has been published.
- 19.02.: Bob Young published the original demo of the Rossi/Young song "My Faded Memory" on his website. ...more
- 17.02.: Woodedz with Quo's bassplayer John "Rhino" Edwards are playing at the Crossed Guitar Festival in Frieschepalen, Netherlands on the 23rd May. ...more
- 14.02.: the "Pictures"-Album now 7 weeks in the swedish chart on No.30.
- 14.02.: Status Quo are currently playing the cancelled shows of last years UK tour and the media with lots of reports: The Sun, The Times (Ultimate Setlist), Classic Rock Magazin, Q-Magazin, NME and Guitar Buyer Magazin also radiointerviews in Ireland and England.
- 12.02.: in his new blog Quo's bass-player John "Rhino" Edwards is talking about a Woodedz album for this year. ...more
- 11.02.: this years QuoParty France 2009 - the french fan meeting, will take place in the north-french town Billy-Montigny on the 26th September.
- 10.02.: the date of the summerfestival in Shelbu, Norway is now confirmed. Status Quo will play on Saturday, 20th June.
- 07.02.: Quo's drummer Matt Letley will be running the London marathon on the 26th April this year. Read more about it on his new blog: ... click here
- 07.02.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN LANCASTER! Quo's ex-bassplayer is celebrating his big 60th birthday. All the best Alan!
- 06.02.: News from Sweden: the "Pictures"-Album now No.21 in the album charts.
- 05.02.: there's a really excellent unique item of Quo memorabilia on ebay worth checking out.
The deadline is this Sunday.
- 05.02.: nice pictures from Quo's show in Portlaoise can be seen: ...here
- 03.02.: The North (with Francis Rossis daughter Bernadette) are currently touring with Status Quo. The band just released a new album which was produced by Francis Rossi and he is playing guitar on some tracks. More about the North ..click here
- 02.02.: Bob Young published the original demo of the song "Diggin' Burt Bacharach" on his website. ...more
- 30.01.: "Pictures"-album now the fourth week in the TOP10 of the swedish album charts - currently on No.7.
- 29.01.: the belgian cover band "Whatever you want" is playing at Waterloo on the 7th February - 8.30 p.m. UK time. More about this band: ...more
- 26.01.: today is the kick-off for the first shows in 2009. Until mid-February Status Quo are playing 16 shows in England and Ireland. Support in England is Luke White and in Ireland it's Berndette (the daughter of Francis Rossi) & the North.
- 25.01.: "Pictures"-Album now No.5 of the swedish charts. (4th week)
- 24.01.: the 3rd date with Status Quo and Deep Purple in Germany is now announced. Its in Oberhof (Thüringen) at the 12th June.
- 21.01.: the new Fan-Magazin of the dutch fanclub "The Army 81" has been published.
- 21.01.: the video of Matt Letley's drum solo which he played at Quo's show in Birmingham can be seen on Matt's own website: ...more
- 21.01.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pete Kircher. Quo's drummer from 1982 - 1985 celebrates his 61st birthday.
- 19.01.: Status Quo announced as headliner for the Suikerrock-Festival in Tienen, Belgium - 2nd August 2009.
- 19.01.: photos from Woodedz performance in Twickenham can be seen
- 17.01.: Status Quo with the "Pictures"-Album now No.3 in Sweden.
- 14.01.: the Status Quo year review 2008 is now available: ...more
- 09.01.: TOPNEWS: the "Pictures"-album now No. 2 !!! in the swedish charts.
- 09.01.: "Woodedz" with Quo'sbass player John Edwards are playing in East Twickenham at the Club Acoustica - January 16.
- 09.01.: the Status Quo year review 2008 in pictures: ...more
- 05.01.: 907 weeks - thats the new record of Status Quo albums in the UK album charts.
In the british and irish media: Status Quo voted for the hardest working band in Uk in 2008. The 35 UK shows that Status Quo played in the UK are top.
- 02.01.: the beginning of a New Year is always the time to look back. 30 years ago, 1979, Status Quo released one of their biggest hits ever ... WHATEVER YOU WANT
The year review 2008 is under construction and coming soon.
- 01.01.: again the dutch Quo fans are celebrating their famous CROSSED GUITAR FESTIVAL (CFG) in Frieschepalen from May 20 to May 24. More information at the CFG website: ...more
- 01.01.: News from John Coghlan; he is playing at the Butlin summer camps. The dates: 27.2. in Bognor Regis and 28.3. in Minehead, where he played 44 years ago.
click here for news of the year 2008