Status Quo news of the year 2013
- 31.12.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and added more photos to his huge gallery. Now more than 1,000 photos at his website: ...more
- 26.11.: a Bielefeld radio station asked people if Gerd and Ulla are still around and if they would like to go to the show. And yes - both Gerd and Ulla appeared, see picture above.
Gerd and Ulla have been well-known fans to the band in the late 60s and early 70s. They attended the shows in Bielefeld and other places in Germany, have been in touch with the band and Quos song "Gerdundula" is named after the couple.
On Thursday, Nov. 28, Gerd is talking in Radio Bielefeld about how they met the band in 1969 and other stories such as how the song "Umleitung" was born. European time 7 to 9 at www.radiobielefeld.de
- 26.11.: new releases part 1: EDSEL Records Germany announced the release of the CD's "In Search Of The Fourth Chord" and "Quid Pro Quo".
"In Search Of The Fourth Chord" with the bonus tracks "I Ain't Wasting My Time" and "One By One" + poster
2 CD "Quid Pro Quo". Both CD's can be ordered via www.jpc.de but they still are not available.
new releases part 2: the Demon Music Group released a limited picture Disc Vinyl of the albums "In Search Of The Fourth Chord" and "Quid Pro Quo" (each 500). ...click here for picture
- 19.11.: Abbey Road Live Here Now is offering 2 more Status Quo Live bootlegs from the show in Hamburg and the forthcoming show in London ...more
- 17.11.: news from the german tour - an official Live bootleg of the Hamburg show (12.11.13) is offered at the Status Quo merchandising: Setlist of the german tour: Caroline – Paper Plane – Hold You Back – Rain – Looking Out For Caroline – GoGoGo – Rock 'n' Roll 'n' You – Beginning Of The End – Proposing Medley (What You're Proposing, Down The Dustpipe, Wild Side Of Life, Railroad, Again And Again) – Big Fat Mama – The Oriental – Creepin' Up On You – In The Army Now – Drum Solo – Roll Over Lay Down – Down Down – Whatever You Want – Rockin' All Over The World – Zugaben: Junior's Wailing, Rock And Roll Music, Bye Bye Johnny
- 06.11.: some news of the last weeks:
the "Bula Quo"-film has now been released in UK.
another 4 shows had been added to the 2nd Reunion tour in 2014.
Japan: the "Tokyo Quo"-Live-Album is to be released in December by Universal - its an SHM-CD (super high material).
Bob Young put up his new blog on his website ...more
- 12.10.: Happy Birthday Rick Parfitt! He's celebrating his 65th birthday.
- 11.10.: Happy Birthday - 12 years QUOTICKER - Thanks to all visitors of this website. Its always great to write down news about Status Quo.
- 06.10.: Topnews of the day: the Reunion tour is to be continued in 2014 - 3 dates for Germany announced: 18.3.2014 Berlin - 19.3. Oberhausen - 21.3. Stuttgart.
- 30.09.: the official Live-Recordings of the Frantic Four Reunion shows in March 2013 are now released in UK.
- 30.09.: the song "GoGoGo" has been released as the third single of the "Bula Quo" album. Again avialable as download from itunes and amazon.
- 15.09.: every 2 years Status Quo is playing the Hallenstadion in Zurich, Switzerland. Yesterday a packed house with over 12,000 fans saw an amazing Status Quo. The old Quo engine fired on all cylinders.
The first show for 2015 (!) is announced - Quo will play at the Zurich Hallenstadion again - 12th September 2015
First show in 2014 sees Quo taking part at the "Stars in town" - 6th August 2014 Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- 03.09.: the new blog written by Bob Young is now online and Bob put up more interesting photos: ...more
- 15.08.: today informations about the DVD/Blue Ray release of the "Bula Quo" film have been announced from the official Quo site. The DVD/Blue Ray can now be preordered via www.amazon.co.uk and the release date is 4th November 2013.
- 09.07.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and put some new photos on hios website ...more
- 21.06.: 5 Quo CDs are announced as import from Japan - available from 31st July. It are CD-albums out of the remastered series "Piledriver" "Hello" "Quo" "On the Level" and "Blue for you". They all will show the original album cover. The german retailer www.jpc.de is offering these CDs for 32,99 Euros each album.
- 17.06.: the new album "Bula Quo" enterred the UK-Album Charts on No.10.
- 17.06.: there is a rerelease of the DVD "Status Quo Videobiography". Out of the series "Legends of Music Collection" published by Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment. Cat.No. KAL8230
- 12.06.: the new single is out of thje album "Bula-Quo" and its the song "Looking out for Caroline". Available as download via itunes amazon ect.
- 07.06.: Status Quos new studio album + extra CD is released today and is called "Bula-Quo"
- 04.06.: officially details about the planned Live-Reunion show were announced. Available in September as CD DVD Blue ray and vinyl and as limited "earbook" which can be ordered through Quos official website: www.statusquo.co.uk
- 04.06.: only a short note: in a dutch newspaper Rick Parfitt talked about the Frantic Four Reunion shows "Next year we will probably do a Frantic Four-tour again. If it were up to me we do not play only in England, but also do a number of places in the rest of Europe." Source: www.hetstreekblad.nl
- 04.06.: Status Quo were in german TV performing the new single "Bula Bula Quo"
... click for video
- 30.05.: There is a new QUO cover band from Brelgium. They are playing in Reiochshof, Germany at the Americanfood4u Sommerfest on the 6th July. More about this band: www.belgianquoband.be
- 29.05.: Happy Birthday Francis Rossi! Quo's founder member is celebrating his 64th anniversary.
- 24.05.: TOPNEWS: a "Youngster" new drummer of Status Quo. The 34-year old e Leon Cave now announced officially. He played with Francis Rossi at his solo tour last year.
- 24.05.: on Bob Youngs new blog you can read that there is a "coffee table book" out in August called "Still doin it" - it is the "Just doin" book plus 32 new pages covering the Quo activities of the last 5 years.
- 09.05.: Happy Birthday John "Rhino" Edwards. Status Quo's bass player celebrates his BIG 60th anniversary.
- 07.05.: today the new Quo single "Bula Bula Quo" has been released as download available from itunes and amazon. With a limited edtion box there is a 7"-vinyl single, This box can be ordered through the official Status Quo website www.statusquo.co.uk
- 26.04.: there is a very good gig review in the new Classic Rock mag of the reunion show at the Hammersmith.
- 25.04.: the "Bula Quo"-2xCD can be ordered at the usual online retailers such as amazon ect. Release date June 2013
- 25.04.: the first show in Mexico had to be cancelled because of logistical reasons.
- 31.03.: a big vinyl collection is offered: ...more
- 30.03.: I wish all visitors of this website HAPPY EASTERN 2013
- 29.03.: Happy Birthday to Matt Letley. Quo's current drummer is now 52 years old.
- 27.03.: Happy Birthday Andy Bown! Quo's keyboarder celebrates his 67th anniversary.
- 24.03.: while Status Quo are touring Australia, Bob Young wrote a new blog and piblished fiorst ionformations about his new book "The Raging Storm": ...more
- 06.03.: this setlist was played at the first reunion show tonight: Juniors Wailing - Backwater - Just take me - Is there a better way - In my chair - Blue eyed Lady - Little Lady - Most of the time - April Spring Summer Wednesday - Railroad - Oh Baby - 4500 Times - Rain - Big Fat Mama - Down Down - Roadhouse Blues plus Encore Bye Bye Johnny
- 06.03.: Matt Letley will be playing as drummer for Status Quo in March and the 3 now announced shows in Mexico.
- 05.03.: Abbey Road Live Here Now will record all nine of the upcoming reunion shows for immediate release after the gigs. They will make limited edition CDs of 1000 per show. These will be for sale at the gigs on the night or can be pre-ordered now. ...mehr
The shnow in Wembley - March 17 will be filmed with later DVD / Blue Ray release in September 2013.
- 02.03.: Universal UK is releasing a Status Quo CD-Box "Classic Album Collection". Included on the 5 discs are 4 remastered albums : In the Army now, Hello, Blue for you, On the Level plus Gold Bars I. Release date: 25th March 2013
- 27.02.: Status Quo on the front cover of the Classic Rock magazine No.182 out 27th February 2013.
- 27.02.: while the reunion band is doing rehearsals the german tour promoter announced that Uriah Heep are special guests on Quos November tour through Germany.
- 10.02.: there's a very good report in the UK Uncut magazine about the story of the song "Down Down" told form the original band members.
- 07.02.: Happy Birthday ALAN LANCASTER! Quo's ex-bass player and back again for the reunion tour is celebrating his 64th birthday.
- 01.02.: Bob Young wrote a new Blog on his website : ...more
- 24.01.2013: new entry at the "Seek/offers"-page. Someone is selling a Meet & Greets tickets for the Frantic Four reunion tour. ...more
- 22.01.2013: very interesting news from Switzerland - the rock opera "Whatever you Want" with Quo music from the swiss band Station Quo, It takes place from 10th May to 25th May in Buchs / Switzerland. More information about this rock opera can be found ...here but only written in german.
- 16.01.2013: first release of the year is 'Pictures" out of the series "The Essential Collection" - its a CD and DVD of Quo's performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival 2009 and includes 38 tracks. the digi box can be ordered via www.jpc.de and its release date is 15th February.
- 10.01.2013: more information about the "Bula Quo" soundtrack and the film have now been published. UK National film release 5th July 2013. International DVD released 4th NOvember 2013
These classic Quo songs will be included: Rockin all over the world - Don't drive my car - Caroline - Living on an island (new version) - Down Down - Whatever you want - Pictures of Matchstick Men - Frozen Hero - Reality Cheque
Here the new Quo songs: All that money - Looking out for Caroline - Mystery Island - GoGoGo - Run & Hide - Never leave a friend behind - Bula Quo - Fij Time - Running inside my head
- 10.01.2013.: Yvonne and Paul Hanvey overtook the fanclub FTMO from Mike Hrano who was running the fanclub since 1993.
click here for news of the year 2012