Status Quo news of the year 2012
- 31.12.: a really busy and memorable Status Quo year comes to an end. But lets look ahead: the new year sees Status Quo "on the road again". First the very notable reunion shows with the successful line-up of the 70s - first time since 1981. Also there will be a Quo film with new songs and be sure lots more of interesting things will happen. I wish you all a happy, rocking and most of all a healthy New Year 2013. "You'll never QUO alone."
Really the last news now: Bob Young wrote a new Blog on his website - enjoy. ...more
- 17.12.: Matt Letley quits with Status Quo. The drummer will play last time for the band at the O2 arena London on Wednesday 19th December.
- 07.12.: Short message from Glasgow where the annual Quo UK tour kicked off: set time 105 min. New songs in the setlist are "Marguerita Time" "Living on an island" "Burning Bridges" and a"Christmas Medley" including 5 songs partly sung by Rhino Edwards. Final song "Christmas Time".
- 06.12.: Quos german tour promoter Klaus Bonisch announced a german tour (11 shows) during November 2013:
07.11.13 Chemnitz, Stadthalle
08.11.13 Berlin, Max-Schmeling-Halle
09.11.13 Hannover, AWD-Hall
12.11.13 Hamburg, Sporthalle 02
13.11.13 Dortmund, Westfalenhalle 1
15.11.13 Kempten, Big Box
16.11.13 Hof, Freiheitshalle
18.11.13 Rostock, Stadthalle
19.11.13 Leipzig, Haus Auensee
22.11.13 Bielefeld, Stadthalle
23.11.13 Heilbronn, Harmonie
- 30.11.: Bob Young wrote in China his new blog and he published more photos out of his big collections: ...more
- 15.11.: photos from Quo's show in Berlin 14.11.12: ...more
- 14.11.: Status Quo in Stuttgart, 11.11.12; heres some photos: ...more
- 13.11.: Status Quo rockin all over Germany - some impressions from the Frankfurt show, 10.11.12: ...mehr
- 09.11.: yesterday the german tour kicked-off with this setlist played Munich: Caroline
Hold you back
Rock´n´roll and you
Beginning of the end
Mystery / Supposin medley
Creeping up on you
In the army now
Roll over lay down
Whatever you want
Rocking all over the world
Rock´n´roll music/Bye bye Johnny
- 08.11.: the new Quo documentary "Hello Quo" has entered the UK video charts on No.11
- 31.10.: for a one-off concert series Status Quo will reunite with the successful line-up of the 70s - Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan to play shows in March 2013 as follows:
10.03.2013 - O2 Academy, Glasgow 12.03.2013 - O2 Apollo, Manchester 13.03.2013 - Civic Hall, Wolverhampton 15.03.2013 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London 16.03.2013 - HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London
- 31.10.: the DVD/Blue Ray "Hello Quo!" documentary has been released in UK.
- 24.10.: some sneak preview video clips from the "Hello" documentary DVD/Blue Ray can be seen at the official Status Quo website. Note: the documenary will be released in Germany by Studio Canal from Berlin with german liner notes.
- 24.10.: the big german retailer JPC is offering for Status Quo logo shirts from Global Merchandise. Release: 19.11.2012
- 21.10.: News from Bob Young: his current Blog is now up at his website also some more interesting photos: ...more
- 12.10.: Happy Birthday Rick Parfitt! He celebrates hbis 64th birthday and he now plays 45 years with Status Quo.
- 11.10.: thank you for all visitors of this Quo news website which is now 11 years old. It's great to write news about Status Quo ... it keeps tickering on and on.
- 10.10.: the new Quo film documentary "Hello Quo" will be performed at a cinema at London's Leicester Square on October 22. This documentary shows 50 years of Status Quo and it includes a rehearsal of the old line-up of the 60s and 70s, when they came together early this year to play again for the first time since 1981. The DVD and blue ray will be available from the 29th October.
- 27.09.: Status Quo at the big Sweden-Rockfestival in Solvesborg in June 2013, which is regarded as one of the biggest rock festival world-wide.
- 26.09.: there was a Spain tour in June this year and a 16-page report about Status Quo published in the newspaper "El Norte de Castilla". It includes very nice and interesting articles about Status Quo and their spain fans.
- 26.09.: germans retailer www.amazon.de is offering a Status Quo CD "Wild Side of Life" but without any detailled information.
- 19.09.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John Coghlan! Quo's first drummer (until 1982) celebrates today his 66th birthday. All the best John ...more about John Coghlan
- 16.08.: according to British Video Association the new Status Quo-DVD-documentary "Hello Quo" will be released on the 29th October.
- 07.08.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and added more interesting photos to his website. ...mehr
- 06.08.: in the last weeks a remix of the song "The Winner" was released as a download single. You can download this song via the official Quo website www.statusquo.co.uk
- 23.07.: the 2x-CD "In Search Of The Fourth Chord / Quid Pro Quo (2 in 1)" has now been released in Germany by Edel records. The first CD is the continental version with the bonus track "One by One". You can order it via jpc.de or amazon
- 30.06.: the promo single CD "The winner" was recently sold for 205 pounds via EBAY.
- 27.06.: the dates of the UK winter tour have been announced officially:
6.12. Glasgow, Clyde Auditorium
7.12. Sheffield, City Hall
9.12. Bournemouth, BIC
10.12. Brighton, Centre
12.12. Gateshead, Sage
13.12. Blackpool, Opera House
14.12. Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
16.12. Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall
17.12. Birmingham, LG Arena
19.12. London, O2 Arena
The last 3 shows are with Bonnie Tyler; the special guest has to be announced.
- 21.06.: "2 for 1" thats the name of the next Quo compilation. Out of the EDEL records series. It will include the 2 albums "In Search of the 4th Chord" and "Quid Pro Quo". Its announced for release mid July.
- 11.06.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and published 12 photos. ...mehr
- 11.06.: a new Quo single will be released this week. "The Winner" from the "Quid Pro Quo" album. The single is available as a download.
- 08.06.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jeff Rich. Status Quos ex-drummer is celebrating his 59th birthday. All the best, Jeff.
- 06.06.: approx. 2 minutes of Quo's "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" are issued on the new "Men in Black III" film.
- 05.06.: the Quo sampler "ICON" which was announced for release in March is now available through www.jpc.de in Germany. Details about this CD e.g. track listing ...click here
- 02.06.: here are some pictures from the Ribs 'n Blues Festival in Raalte, Netherlands: ...more
- 29.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Francis Rossi. Quo's founder member is celebrating his 63rd birthday.
- 09.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John "Rhino" Edwards! Status Quo's bass player is celebrating his 59th birthday. All the best.
- 05.05.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and added more photos to his website: ...more
- 19.04.: here's a video of last years show at the wine festival in Colmar:
- 16.04.: the band is currently at Fuji for the Making of a film which will be in the cinemas next year. Short story: the band witnesses a crime they shouldn’t have seen, the movie follows them on a hilarious chase around the island.
- 05.04.: I wish all visitors of this website Happy Eastern. "You'll never QUO alone"
- 03.04.: more details about the new dutch book: the book is written by Gerard Rappard. He was the dutch fanclub photographer during a very long period. More than 300 pages with very rare photo's and stories of the Quo from 1962 till now.. The book will come with a DVD with interviews with Alan Lancaster,Colin Johnson Rhino Edwards and John And a private recording of a concert they gave on a Private Dutch wedding. How to order it shortly.
- 29.03.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT LETLEY ! The drummer of Status Quo is now 51 years old.
- 28.03.: books books books: while a Status Quo book has just been released in Spain another book is announced "Status Quo 50 years and more" will include the Quo activities in Belgium and Netherlands. Release date: 26th May. More about it shortly.
- 27.03.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY BOWN ! Status Quo's keyboarder is celebrating his 66th birthday.
- 26.03.: Bob Young wrote a new blog and added interesting photos to his website: ...more
- 17.03.: OPUS are support band this year at the german Quo shows in November. Just confirmed from the german promoter KB-K.
- 13.03.: there is another Quo sampler from Universal Benelux out of their series "ICON". 16 songs are issued on this sampler mainly the biggest hits. It can be ordered via www.jpc.de
- 29.02.: there is a good report in todays new Classic Rock mag about ongoings of the filmdocumentary "Hello Quo" which is to be released in September 2012.
- 29.02.: in Germany the new Quo vinyl LP had been released. Cat.No. MOVLP229 The LP includes an insert with lyrics and the bonus track "Joanne"
- 14.02.: Bob Young published some rare photos and memorabilia on his website ...more
- 02.02.: Germany: vinyl albums are coming back - the Label "Music on vinyl" has announced a new vinyl release of Quo's album "Hello!" angekündigt. Release date: 24th February - it can be ordered via www.jpc.de Note from the label: Now released on vinyl for the first time since 1973, with the original B-side of their hit “Caroline”, 'Joanne' as an added bonus track!
- 21.01.: Germany: the 2nd release is announced by Amazon called "Status Quo - die grössten Erfolge" (ear Music) - 10 songs "Beginning of the end" "Lets Rock" "Rock n Roll n you" "Twenty Wild Horses", its a nice price CD only 5 euro. Release date: 17.2.2012
- 21.01.: Germany: the first release this year is announced for 31st January - Status Quo CD "Collection" offered by germans big retailers www.amozon.de and www.jpc.de
- 11.01.: another november show in German announced; Giessen 13.November 2012
- 01.01.: Happy new year !!! The 50th year since Francis Rossi formed with Alan Lancaster a school band.
click here for news of the year 2011