STATUS QUO NEWS of the year 2007
- 30.12.: Gino de Michele has shot some extra-ordinary pictures at Quo's show in Wembley, most of them are black and white. ...more
- 28.12.: this year Status Quo played a total of 83 shows. The whole year review is coming soon.
- 28.12.: the Status Quo special which was broadcasted yesterday at the belgium rock radio station "Classic 21" can be heard: ...here
- 27.12.: there are pictures from the 2nd Brighton show ...more
- 27.12.: tonight, at 7 p.m. UK-time there is a Sttus Quo Special at the belgium radio station "Classic 21" - ...more
- 22.12.: I wish all visitors of this website a Merry Christmas.
- 22.12.: Bob Young has now his own homepage with lots of interesting stuff. ...more
- 17.12.: photos from the Wembley show are uploaded. ...more
- 16.12.: GARY MOORE was one of the guests at the Brighton show.
- 14.12.: before the Wembley concert there is a gig of the english cover band "State of Quo" at the Greyhound Pub. Special guest John Coghlan is to be expected as special guest on stage. The show in Brighton was attented by almost 4,000 people.
- pictures and press review of the UK-tour are soon to be published on the Quoticker site.
- photos from the UK-tour can be seen at the official Status Quo site. ...more
- 14.12.: Jackie Lynton has a new album out called "Rockin in Cornwall, Rollin in Surrey". ...more
- 14.12.: the Crossed Guitar Festival with Woodedz in Fieschepalen/Netherlands (January 26, 2008) is completely sold-out.
- 14.12.: Quo's bass-player John "Rhino" Edwards, wrote a new tour-report at his Blog. See link bove.
- 12.12.: news from the current UK-tour; after "Whatever you want" the song "Burning Bridges" is occasionally played. Very good attendances of the shows. Both Bristol shows were sold out with 2,500 people.
- 11.12.: it seems, that there is a little UK Forest tour in summer 2008, becuse 3 more tour dates for next year now officially confirmed: 22nd June in Burt Forest; 27th June at Cannock Chase Forest and on the 28th June in Dalby Forest. Further informations as well as tickets: ...more
- 09.12.: today a Francis Rossi interview in BBC2 radio. Here is the link to hear the interview. ...more
- 07.12.: new concert date for 2008; Status Quo show at Dornbirn / Austria on the 11th July. Tickets can already be ordered at: www.musikladen.com
- 05.12.: BOB YOUNG has a new website www.bobyoungticker.de which will be going live on Saturday December 22nd.
- 03.12.: TOPNEWS from Netherlands: WOODEDZ, with Rhino and his 2 sons, are playing at the Crossed Guitar Festival at the Ma Kellys Cafe in Frieschepalen on the 26th January 2008. Special guests: the dutch Coverband Quotation. Tickets: 18 Euro and can be ordered at this emaill adress: email@example.com
- 03.12.: Radio-Charts news: the song "Pennsylvania Blues tonight" is new entry on No.14 of the airplay charts in Russia !!!
- 03.12.: drummer Matt Letley has updated his weblog. This time he is tellying about his recent 3-day wandering and climbing tour at his favourite mountain, Mount Snowdon in Wales. Almost 100 times Matt climbed up on this mountain 3.107 feets). ...more
- 01.12.: todays show in Edinburgh also had to be cancelled.
- 01.12.: the show in Hull had to be cancelled due to illness of Francis Rossi.
- 26.11.: Radio-Charts update: Radio Beograd is listing the song "Beginning of the End" on No.11 of its radio-chart.
And the lithuanian radio lists the song "Pennsylvania Blues Tonight"on No.13 of their chart.
- 26.11.: added concert pictures from the show in Lörrach -October 19, 2006. ...more
- 25.11.: another show for 2008 announced; Status Quo to play in Jessheim, Norway on the 13th June, 2008.
- 22.11.: there is a Status Quo special on radio Big L's new show "This Sunday at nine" - next Sunday, 25th November at 9 pm. And its repeated next Wednesday. The show can be heard online via the website ...www.bigl.co.uk
- 21.11.: the german coverband PILEDRIVER is playing in Panningen / Netherlands on the 25th of November.
- 18.11.: the John Coghland Band had to cancel the gig in Geneve - November 22 at the Animals Happy Birthday tour.
- 18.11.: tickets for the announced Status Quo show in Winterthur, Switzerland on the 31.5.2008 are on sale from 6th December onwards at the promoter Free & Virgin. ...more
- 18.11.: a surprisingly reunion in Australia - Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan will play together with the Party Boys at the annual Bon Scott Festival in Claremont Showground - 24th February 2008. ...more
- 14.11.: seeking for Bob Young videos and video-clips of the Diesel Band - Email
- 12.11.: first Status Quo show for 2008 officially confirmed, Status Quo are playing at Thetford Forest (Santon Downham, Brandon, Suffolk), June 7, 2008.
- 12.11.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL HIRSH. He is celebrating his 54th birthday and he was Andy Bown's substitute on the keyboards from 2000 to 2002.
- 12.11.: you can watch the video of the song "Pennsylvania Blues Tonight" at the official Status Quo website. ...more
- 11.11.: news from John Coghlan: he and his band "John Coghlan's Quo" are one of the special guests on the "Happy Birthday"-tour of The Animals. Other special guests are The Spencer Davis Group, Mungo Jerry, Herman Hermits, The Rubettes and The Equals. You can see this concert at the Arena of Geneve - November 22. Another show is confirmed for the 18th December in Paris.
- 11.11.: another article in one of Britain big newspapers - "I'm with the band" about Quo on the road is featured in the monthly music magazine included on "The Observer", issue November 11.
- 08.11.: this morning, Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were guests of the "This Morning"-Show of the ITV1-television. After being interviewed the whole band played the song "Pennsylvania Blues Tonight" from the new album.
- 08.11.: start of the annual UK tour in Southend. Until 21st December Status Quo will play a total of 32 concerts in UK. Special guests are Bernadette and the North. Bernadette is the daughter of Francis Rossi.
- 06.11.: update of the german singles discography; added the different backcover of the singles "CAROLINE"   -- "DOWN DOWN"   -- "OL' RAG BLUES" . (there are 2 backcover of "Caroline" and of "Ol Rag Blues" and 3 different backcover of "Down Down", to see them just click on the links)
- 06.11.: the british music magazin "Classic Rock" voted Status Quo as best "Classic songwriters" of the year at their annual "Classic Rock Roll of Honour" ceremony which took place in London, November 5.
- 05.11.: pictures from the last german show in Chemnitz, October 28, 2007: ...more
- 04.11.: Status Quo appear at the show "This morning" on ITV1-television - November 8, 2007; 10.30 am.
- 04.11.: Status Quo are on the front cover of the "The Guardian" magazine - issue 3.11.2007 and there is a 7-page-aritcle inside. ...mehr
- 02.11.: Bob Young gave his permission for another interview. If you have any questions to Bob so please mail them: here
- 02.11.: a 30-minutes report about Status Quo with pictures of this years show in Hamburg (21.10.) was broadcasted yesterday in the local programmes of german TV N3 and on 2 private TV stations TV-Leipzig and TV-Sachsen.
- 30.11.: according to the facts of the local promoters and press reviews the best attended show in Germany was the show in Stuttgart with 2,500 attendance. All other shows around 2,000 or less attendance. Set-times around 105 to 110 minutes.
- 28.10.: first pictures of the show in Stuttgart with a different lightning rig: ...more
- 27.10.: recently the Status Quo DVD "Essential Videos" was released by Universal Music. Detailled information: ...more
- 26.10.: new releases: at the website www.play.com a Status Quo CD & DVD "Rare Broadcasts" is being offered with the release date November, 19. ...more
- 23.10.: the new fanclub fanzine of the dutch fanclub "TheArmy No.76" has been published. With this fanzine Peter Meintema quits after 20 years work for the fanlub. Peter you have done a very very good job, bedaankt!!! The fanclub continues leaded by 3 Quo fans.
- 22.10.: a DVD of July's 'Concert for Diana' at Wembley Stadium will be released on November 5th. The 2x DVD set features Quo's performance of "Rocking All Over The World".
- 21.10.: photos from last night's show in Frankfurt, Germany: ...more
- 21.10.: photos from the german tour - Karlsruhe 19.10.2007. ...more
- 20.10.: the single "Beginning of the end" is new entry at radio serbia on No.11
- 20.10.: first impressions from the german tour: Leipzig 2,000 attendance - Karlsruhe 2,000 attendance saw a very good band. There is a new version of "Bye Bye Johnny" (without Rock n Roll music and lots of jamming) and the set-time is about 105 min.
Merchandising: Lots of t-shirts and the new tour-programme with a bigger -size than the recent issues. Size of the programmes as big as the Perfect Remedy or the End of the road tour programme. The Trews a rocking support from Canada.
- 18.10.: today kick-off of the german tour in Leipzig. 9 shows will be played in Germany.
- 18.10.: chart news Germany: the new album now on No. 92 - 4th week.
- 15.10.: there is another coverband in Germany - "Q.U.O." from Munich. We now have 13 coverbands all over Germany plus 2 from Switzerland. Most notable the youngsters from "Pink Sugar" who's members are not older than 15, but already had press reviews and good live shows.
- 14.10.: updated all shows of this year with the setlist and additional info - special guests, attendance (see link "gig dates" above) . Watch especially Setlist Stratford and Dudley. This is the beginning of more information about concerts, more is to come.
- 14.10.: today Status Quo were performing at the formula 1 race course of Hockenheim-Ring/Germany and played these songs: Beginning of the end,
In the army now,
Whatever you want,
Rockin´all over the world.
- 12.10.: in the swiss chart the new album is in the 3rd week on No.57.
- 12.10.: news from the tour in France: an average 2,000 crowd is attending the shows which gets good critics.
- 12.10.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK PARFITT!! Today he is celebrating his 59th birthday. By the way: 40 years ago he joined Status Quo. All the best Rick.
- 11.10.: in the 3rd week the new album now on No.96 of the german charts.
- 11.10.: there is an interesting interview with Francis Rossi at the website of the scottish "Daily Record". ...more
- 11.10.: 11th October 2001 - 6 years QUOTICKER. Thank you very much for your good feedback.
- 10.10.: nice pictures of the first show of the "In search of the fourth chord" tour in Caen / France (05.10.07) have been shot by a french press photographer vom Konzert (Gerard, France Ouest) ...more
- 07.10.: the new album didn't chart in this weeks UK-album-Chart.
- 07.10.: another information from the french gigs; the CD and the vinyl edition of the new album are being sold at the shows.
- 07.10.: new releases: there is a 3-CD-Box "The very best of Status Quo" available at Readers Digest. The CD's have the same tracklist as the 4-CD Box set minus the CD including the PYE material which was released in 1998 through Readers Digest. ...more
out of Mercury Records series "Rock Legends" a Best of CD of Status Quo is planned to be issued on the 9th November. (source: Garry Fielding)
This CD is already advertised at german online retailers - for example www.jpc.de (biggest german online trailer)
- 06.10.: first news from France: usual setlist plus the new songs: Beginning of the end and Gravy Train
- 06.10.: members of the french fanclub did an interview with Francis Rossi (19.09.2007). ...more
- 05.10.: today kick-off of the much awaited "In search of the fourth chord" tour in Caen / France, which also is the start of a french tour, followed by a german tour.
- 04.10.: Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi are being interviewed at the UK radio BigL 1395am on Sunday 7th October 2 to 3 pm. The programme will be broadcasted again on Tuesday 9th October. ...more
- 04.10.: Matt Letley, Quo's drummer, has updated his weblog on his website. ...more
- 03.10.: news from the charts: Switzerland - No.38 2nd week and Germany - No.61 2nd week.
- 30.09.: UK-charts: new album now on No.53 in the second week.
- 29.09.: there's a 7-page report about Rick Parfitt and his new wife Lindsay in the new UK magazine "Hello!" published on September, 25. Its about how they both met, about the marriage how they settled in Spain including some nice pictures of their new home in Spain.
- 26.09.: first show for 2008 announced; Status Quo in Winterthur/Switzerland, 31st May, 2008.
- 26.09.: pictures of the Woodedz show (John "Rhino" Edwards with his sons Söhnen) at Hope & Anchor, London (22.09.) ...more
- 26.09.: swiss charts: "In search of the fourth chord" entered the swiss charts at No.18
- 25.09.: german charts: "In search of the fourth chord" entered the german charts at No.22
- 23.09.: the new album entered the UK charts at No.15
- 19.09.: News from the charts: the new album in the french charts now on No.186 and in Sweden new entry on No.13 !!
- 19.09.: Happy Birthday JOHN COGHLAN; Quo's ex-drummer (until 1982) is celebrating his 61th birthday. All the best, John!
- 18.09.: TOPNEWS: Status Quo are playing at the german Formula1-race course of Hockenheim-Ring on the 14th October. ...mehr
- 18.09.: If you are interested in a DVD including all 5 !!! videos shown at the german SAT1-TV, please contact Mr. Peter Ehrlich. He has down a excellent DVD and he is known to german fans for his very good DVD works. The DVD without DVD-package and cover is 6 Euro and with the very nice DVD-cover its 11 Euro. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
But he also does other DVD's for example of videos you want to copy on DVD.
- 17.09.: the new single "Beginning of the end" entered the UK charts on No.48
- 17.09.: the new fanclub magazine of the official fanclub has een published and delivered. The song "Bad News" is the first real QUO song featuring Quo's bass player John "Rhino" Edwards on lead vocals. Also his son Freddie Edwards is playing the guitar solo on this track.
- 14.09.: ticket sales for the german tour in October are very good. The seat tickets for Stuttgart and Chemnitz are sold out.
The reviews of the new album published in some of Germany's music papers are very good (average 7/10).
- 13.09.: here is part 4 of the Status Quo videos shown today in german breakfast TV SAT1. Running time: 2:59 min. ...more
- 12.09.: today german breakfast TV showed part 3 of the Quo videos. Running time: 3:19 min. ...more
- 12.09.: Mercury is planning the release of a new DVD-series called "Essential Videos" of several artists, one of them is Status Quo. This DVD is to be released on the 2nd October. To date the content of this DVD is not known. You can order it already from www.jpc.de.
Other DVD's with Status Quo:
Recently the DVD "The Marquee - 25th Anniversary" (Angel Air) was released, on this compilation you can see Status Quo with "Don't waste my time" ...more
Another new DVD-sampler from Universal is called "Old Sköol of Rock" featuring Status Quo with the song "Down, Down".
Not to forget the excellent CD-compilation "The Cavern" (see link above) also with Status Quo. By the way: the first time that the Rolling Stones and the Beatles are issued on one CD. And this CD-Box was compiled by Bob Young.
- 11.09.: and the video of Status Quo at the british GMTV this morning is also available. ...more
- 11.09.: here is the video about Francis Rossi, which was broadcasted today on the german SAT1-breakfast TV - running time: 4:15 min. ...more
- 11.09.: lyrics of the new single "Beginning of the end" published on the official Status Quo website: ...more
- 11.09.: support of the french and the german tour are canadian band The Trews ...more
- 10.09.: the new fanclub magazin of the official fanclub "From the makers of" is going to be printed and it will be sent out at the end of next week to the members. It will be an album special including an interview with the producer, Pip Williams.
- 10.09.: today was a 3:30 min. report about Rick Parfitt and his new house in Spain in german SAT1-breakfast TV . Tomorrow a special about Francis Rossi. Here is the link for the video. ...more
- 10.09.: today the new Status Quo single was released in UK - Cat.No. QUOSP0002.
- 10.09.: France; the new album entered the french chart on No.142.
- 10.09.: Status Quo live at GMTV (UK) on tuesday, 11th September.
- 10.09.: there is a Status Quo report this week on german breakfast TV SAT1.
- 10.09.: tickets for the WOODEDZ show with Quo's bass player John "Rhino" Edwards at the Hope and Anchor in London - Sept.22 are now on sale via the QUO shop see: www.statusquo.co.uk
- 31.08.: BECAUSE OF HOLIDAY NO UPDATES ON THE QUOTICKER SITE UNTIL 9th September !
- 30.08.: there is a new page on the Quoticker site - a collection of tour posters all over the last 40 years. ...more
- 30.08.: and I did a big update on the ticket gallery which also shows tickets from the past 40 years with Quo on the road. ...more
I hope you like it and feel free to send in your feedback (via the link "site credits")
- 29.08.: there was a Status Quo special at BBC Wales on Monday, 27th August. They broadcasted the Status Quo concert at Birmingham, NEC from May 2006. Here's the link to listen the whole 2-hours broadcast - PLEASE NOTE - the link is only working until Saturday 1st September. ...more
- 27.08.: the new album "In search of the fourth Chord" was released August 27 in France by the XIII bis records label. But it was released without a bonus track.
- 25.08.: the Status Quo management changed their mind regarding the new single download only; now the new single will be available as a DAVD single in UK. This means one site of the DAVD is a CD with the radio edit of the Rossi/Edwards song "Beginning of the end" and the other side of this new format is a DVD including the promo video of the new single - release: 10.September (UK only, but also online).
The new album: it will be available as download but also on CD format.
Bonus tracks: The UK release will include the Rossi/Young song "I ain't wastin' my time" and the non-UK release will include the old Parfitt/Young song "One by one". This song was written long ago, but with the collection for the book "40th anniversary book" it came to surface.
You can listen to each song via the official website
All song writing credits now listed - see link NEW RELEASES
- 22.08.: you can watch the video of the new single "Beginning of the End" via the website of www.mirror.co.uk ...more
- 21.08.: HMV is offering a DVD single release of the song "Beginning of the End". Release date: September 10 ...more
- 19.08.: pictures from the show in Colmar - 17.08.2007 ...more
- 19.08.: and photos of the concert in Zurich - 18.08.2007 ...more
- 19.08.: yesterday the show in Zürich, Hallenstadion once again proved how fantastic the audience and the whole show in the Hallenstadion is. It was now the third time that Status Quo played a sold-out show in this amazing indoor-arena. The band and the 13,000 crowd really enjoyed themselves. NO mystery medley in the encore both in Zurich and in Colmar the day before.
- 18.08.: Status Quo played a fantastic show at the wine festival in Colmar in front of a 9,000 crowd. Support: Ten Years After and Marillion
- 15.08.: in the latest issue of the german music paper "RockHard", which was published today, is a 3-page interview with Francis Rossi and a good review of the new album. Rock Hard is one of the co-promoters of the german tour in October.
- 14.08.: according to the big swiss ticket sellers the Status Quo gig on Saturday in Zurich is sold out. Quo will play in front of a 13,000 crowd.
- 12.08.: at yesterdays appearance at the Pink Pop Classic Festival in Landgraaf, Netherlands, Status Quo played a set without encore.
- 11.08.: yesterday, Status Quo was in the Richard Arnold Show and a short bit of the new single "Beginning of the End
" could be seen. The interview with Rick and Francis is filmed at the Millenium Eye, London. .. here the video of the show
- 10.08.: recently a very old concert flyer announcing a Spectres show at the Corn Exchange appeared. As far as I know its very rare to see flyers tickets or posters with the Spectres - so here you see a flyer of a Spectres show way back 1966, March 26 ...more
- 09.08.: the new fanclub magazine of the official Status Quo fanclub "From the makers of" arrived. Content: the release dates of single and album are confirmed with single only-download 10.September and album release 17. September. 2 tracks of the album "Hold me" and "Alright" are written by Rick Parfitt and Wayne Morris (recently support of Quo).
There is an interview with manager Simon Porter about the Status Quo own record label and Rick Parfitt confirmed that he is now living in Spain. Next issue of the fanclub will be out at the early September and is a complete album special.
- 06.08.: first tour announcements for 2008; in March an Australia-Tour and shows in Hongkong and Singapore.
- 03.08.: the new fanclub magazin of the official fanclub "from the makers of" has been sent out.
- 02.08.: very short, but just in time: the german coverband PILEDRIVER plays this Saturday, 4th August in Beernem, Belgium. The address of the venue is:
at the football club KSC, Parkstraat 17,B-8730 Beernem, Belgium. Showtime: 19.20 - 21 Uhr. More infos: ...click here
- 02.08.: a 3-pages article with Rick Parfitt is published in the new GEAR magazine.
- 31.07.: a very interesting 3-CD compilation is to be released on August 20, 2007. "Cavern Club - The Most Famous Club In The World". The Liverpool club where the early Beatles became known. Many big bands played at this club who first was established in 1957. On this compilation is also Status Quo featured with the song "Down Down". Concept and compiled by Bob Young. ..click for cover
- 30.07.: under the name "ELAP A/S" rerelease-CD's of different artists are announced. One of it is Status Quo's "Under the influence".
- 29.07.: Videos of the Zwarte Cross Festival in Lichtenvoorde can be seen here: ...more
- 29.07.: there are new designs of the Telecaster Facelifts, the Rick Parfitt original-guitar design and of Francis Rossis green telecaster. ...more
- 29.07.: yesterday Status Quo played at Worcester Rugby Club in front of a 8,000 crowd. Usual setlist. Next up today Scone Plane, the only summer show in Scotland. Then there is a 1-week-break for the band.
- 29.07.: another information from the official EDEL press publication: the european album will include an exclusive European only bonus track „One by One" which is not featured on the UK-release.
- 28.07.: News about the planned film "Care Factor Zero"; according to an article in the NME, the filming will start early next year. ...more
- 27.07.: news of the new album: official press release from EDEL: The Album will be preceded by the download only release of the infectious single „Beginning Of The End“ on 10. September.
- 27.07.: the new magazine of the dutch fanclub "The Army 75" has been published. Contents: reviews o the Crossed Guitar Festival, review of the show in Leer, Germany and a press-review of the 1976 show at the Ahoy, Rotterdam.
- 26.07.: a few seconds of the new song "Beginning of the end" can be heard at the homepage of EDEL Germany. And there is the information that the new album includes only 13 songs distributed by Edel. ...more (click on Music player)
- 25.07.: with a show in Finland the scandinavian tour ended yesterday. Next up the big Zwarte Cross Festival in Netherlands. Status Quo are headliners and before 2 dutch bands are playing. The Horse Company (music like Neil YoungO) and Bloody Honkies, a dutch rock band.
- 24.07.: Survey on the QUOTICKER site - vote for the best Quo ticket stub out of the years 2001 - 2007. You can win a signed CD "The Quo must go on" of the german coverband SMILEDRIVER. ...more
- 21.07.: Gert Ohlsson, who runs the excellent Status Quo website www.statusquo.com, has shot some fantastic pictures of the band during the sound-check at the concert in Bastad / Sweden. ...more
- 19.07.: today the official Status Quo site announced the release of a new single which will be released on 10th September. Details to be followed.
- 15.07.: first german Status Quo fan meeting - 18th August 2007 in Duisburg, Parkhaus. Traders and all fans from abroad especially Belgium and Netherlands are welcome. Start 12 o'clock and in the evening the german coverband PUREQUO plays. Tickets: 5 Euro
- 15.07.: according to Garry Fielding new information about the forthcoming studio-album "In search of the fourth chord": release date now 17th September and the tracklisting of the album is announced: Beginning Of The End - Alright - Pennsylvania Blues Tonight - I Don't Wanna Hurt You Anymore - Electric Arena - Gravy Train - Figure Of Eight - You're The One For Me - My Little Heartbreaker - Hold Me - Saddling You - Bad News - Tongue Tired - One By One.
- 15.07.: the show in Linköping had to be cancelled due to stormy weather and rain.
- 13.07.: yesterday there was an interview with Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt in Radio Värmland, Sweden. Promoting the swedish tour who kicks-off today with Nisse Hellberg and Chuck Berry. There is a "listen again" option on the radios website but the interview is yet not uploaded.
- 12.07.: Status Quo's bass-player, John "Rhino" Edwards has written his first tour report of this year and published it on the official Status Quo site. (see link column above) And drummer Matt Letley is wrting a weblog on his own website. This weblog is also updated ...more
- 11.07.: 2 new Status Quo articles in german music papers - "Gitarre & Bass" and "Musix" magazine. Both sponsors of the german October tour.
- 10.07.: after the show in Bobital in front of a 50,000 crowd last Saturday now a short rest for the band. Next date is Wednesday with the kick-off of the scandinavian tour in Langesund / Norway at the big hotel areal of Wrightegaarden.
- 07.07.: today Status Quo with an appearance at the big french festival Terre Neuvas in Bobital, France. They expect more than 40,000 people at this 3-day-event with bands like Marilyn Manson, Placebo, Tokio Hotel, Renaud, Julien Clerc, Ziggy Marley
- 06.07.: TOPNEWS: Bernadette & The North are Special Guests on the UK-Tour of Status Quo. Bernadette is the daughter of Francis Rossi.
- 02.07.: www.amazon.co.uk and www.jpc.de both offering a remastered CD-Boxset called "The very best of Status Quo" with the release date July 3.
- 02.07.: today Status Quo was mentioned and shown in Germany's biggest TV news; the 8 p.m. "Tagesschau", which is the oldest TV news at all.
- 01.07.: Status Quo played the song "Rockin all over the world" at the "Concert for Diana" in London's New Wembley Stadium which was broadcasted world-wide.
- 30.06.: at yesterdays show in Emden/Germany the song "Juniors Wailing" was dropped from the setlist. Status Quo played with german Jule Neigel band and TOTO.
- 29.06.: change in the setlist at the show in Berlin yesterday; instead of Junior's Wailing the Mystery Medley made a comeback. Set time approx. 105 min. Approx. 3,000 attendance. Special guests: Mexican Maids / Berlin
- 29.06.: tonight there is the documentation "Status Quo - 40 years rockin all over the world" in german television HR3, 0.30 a.m. european time.
- 26.06.: the tracklisting of recently issued "Silver Spectrum Collection" is now known. See details via the link NEW RELEASES.
- 26.06.: because of the stormy weather in Germany, the Open Air in Leer with Status Quo and Toto is now at the Nordseehalle in Emden, June 29.
- 25.06.: excellent pictures of the Heidenheim show shot by Event photographer Kalle Linkert can be seen ...here
- 24.06.: the show in Bonn, yesterday, was attended by 4,000 fans. Today Quo with Nazareth in
Dortmund. Please click on gig dates for further details of the current tour - from now on I try to list the setlist of every show. I already uploaded concert pictures and press cuttings (in german) and one gig report written by myself of the stunning Heidenheim show.
- 23.06.: next Wednesday, 8 p.m. european time is a Francis Rossi interview in german radio station Radio Herford; its with webradio so you can listen online. Link: www.radio-herford.de
- 23.06.: yesterday Status Quo played in front of a strong 4,000 crowd in the east swebian city Heidenheim the second show of their current germn tour. A fantastic performance of the band with Francis Rossi in top form. First show in Nurnberg was attended by 1,200 fans. ...Setlist
- 18.06.: on the 4th June Spectrum released a Status Quo CD called "Silver Spectrum Collection". Cover and tracklisting not available yet.
- 16.06.: Status Quo performed at the "TISWAS Reunited" show, ITV1 with the song "Gerdundula".
- 13.06..: Status Quo appear at the ITV1 show "Tiswas reunited" on Saturday, 16th June 9.15 - 10.45 p.m.
- 13.06..: ticket sales for the Status Quo show in Zurich, Hallenstadion (Switzerland) are going very well, the show is almost sold-out.
- 11.06..: out of the german LP-discography now the album "If you can't stand the heat" released in 1978 in Germany and also the cassette. ...more
- 09.06.: and from Hannover there is a videoclip of "Whatever you want". ...more
- 09.06.: here are very nice pictures of Quo's show in Hannover ...more
- 09.06.: yesterday the first Status Quo show of the year 2007 in Hannover/Germany. Status Quo played a shortened setlist (without Mystery Medley, Juniors Wailing and instead of 4500 Times/Rain they played Paper Plane). Pictures of the show: ...more
Setlist: ..click here
- 08.06.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF RICH ! Status Quo's ex-drummer (1986-2000) is celebrating his 54th birthday. ...more about Jeff Rich
- 08.06.: there are 3 DVD's from the Crossed Guitar festival held in Frieschepalen / Netherlands. If you're interested please send email to email@example.com
- 07.06.: looking back to the year 1973; here's the review of the Newcastle Concert - March 20, 1973, which was published in the Disc newspaper issue 31st March 1973 ...more
- 06.06.: the long announced 3 Live-CD's "Live at the BBC Vol.1-3" had been withdrawn by the publisher due to copyright issues.
- 05.06.: after a long break of 5 months the band will play their first show of 2007 next Friday, June 8, in Hannover, Germany. As Headliner of the NDR2-Festival, a big north german radio station, they will be on stage at approx. 10.20 p.m. european time at the EXPO PLAZA. Other artists are (vocalist of Fury in the Slaughterhouse), Kim Wilde and OMD. Tickets are 16 Euros plus fee.
- 05.06.: Matt Letley, drummer, changed his drum kit. He now uses a Gretsch drum. Read more about it and what Matt has done in the last months at his weblog click here for Matt Letley Weblog
- 03.06.: pictures of the John Coghlan Band at the french QUO party 2007 in Billy Montigny - June 2. ...more
- 01.06.: Status Quo announced for the 60th wine festival in Colmar, France - August 17, 2007. Other band is Marillion and the ticket is only 25 Euro. By the way: this is the 84th show for this year to be played in only 180 days. ...more
- 31.05.: and another release in Germany. But this time not of
Status Quo but about Status Quo songs. Out of the Phono Sounds series "Cover versions - The music of" a CD with 16 Quo songs performed by The Rollovers has been recently released. (Cat.No.
PS 1761 CD)
This quotation is on the cover "These album tracks are professional re-creations and not renditions by the original artists." But all songs are excellently covered, no Hip-Hop or disco-versions. Played in true Quo style. More info via www.phonosound.com
...click here for cover
- 30.05.: TOPNEWS: another german Quo Tour announced for October 2007:
18.10.07 Leipzig 19.10.07 Karlsruhe 20.10.07 Frankfurt 21.10.07 Hamburg 23.10.07 Augsburg 24.10.07 Rosenheim 26.10.07 Siegen 27.10.07 Stuttgart 28.10.07 Chemnitz
- 30.05.: the highlight of the next weekend - June 2 - is in France. The 3rd french Quo party at the north-french town Billy Montigny (near Lens), 7.30 pm european time. First there is a CCR - coverband and then John Coghlan Band is playing for the first time in France. If you like to go there, click on the poster on the left link site for more information.
- 30.05.: another release of the year 2005 has become known; in Thailand the 2x CD "Status Quo Gold" (Cat.No.: Universal 983 277-5) has been released. The track-listing is the same as on the 2x CD "Whatever you want - The very best of", released in 1997, but there is a very good booklet with a detailled biography of the band written by Tim Jones, Record Collector. ...click here for cover
- 29.05.: Happy Birthday FRANCIS ROSSI ! The founder member of the band is celebrating his 58th birthday. All the best, Francis.
- 29.05.: Status Quo will perform live at the swedish TV, June 5, on a programme called "Bingolotto".
- 28.05.: there is a Status Quo interview on the radio station Eagle 96,4 FM (UK) Content: looking after themselves eg. kicking drugs and Rick's drinking water.
- 26.05.: there is a Status Quo theme night at BBC Radio Scotland on Francis Rossis birthday - Tuesday, 29th May from 6 to 7 pm. You can listen to it via webradio. ...mehr
- 25.05.: there was a very interesting interview with Mike Hrano, which was published in June 2001 on the "On The Level" magazine. Mike Hrano runs the official Status Quo fanclub. Both James Evans (co-author of On the Level mag) and Mike Hrano gave me the allowance to published this interview on the Quoticker website. (thank you!) ...more
- 23.05.: yesterday the 2x DVD "VIDEOBIOGRAPHY" was released (Cat.No. CRP 2361). It is identical to the DVD "Inside Status Quo 1968 - 1991" released in 2005.
- 23.05.: last Saturday Rick Parfitt and his wife have been amongst the guests at the premiere of the german Circus Roncalli in Munich, who celebrated his 30th anniversary and the founder of this Circus, Bernhard Paul, celebrated his 60th birthday.
- 20.05.: Jeff Rich, ex-drummer of Status Quo, together with vocalist Elmer Gantry und guitarist Kirby Gregory reformed the band Stretch. This band recorded 3 albums in the 70s and had a hit with "Why did you do it". They already signed a record contract and are working on new songs.
- 18.05.: news about the announced 2xDVD plus book "Videobiography" due for release on 21st May. In the new german music magazin Good Times No.3/2007 is an advert with Status Quo - Kinks - Beach Boys and The Doors cover and an overall review of this series (the series including other artists like Deep Purple, The Beatles (!), Elvis Presley, Jimmy Hendrix). The "Videobiography" can now be ordered in Germany at regular retailers (see link NEW RELEASES). And there is the Catalogue Number (Ragnarock/Soulfood CRP 2361) See also www.soulfood-music.de or Ragnarock Films Ltd.
- 16.05.: the swedish Gothic-Band Lake of Tears did a cover of QUO's song "Is there a better way" on their new album "Moons and Mushrooms" (Dockyard1/Soulfood). But please NOTE - this cover is only on the limited edition digipack as a bonus track. ...more
- 16.05.: Happy Birthday BOB YOUNG ! Today he is celebrating his 62nd birthday. All the best, BOB !
- 14.05.: Thursday, May 17 sees the start of the "Crossed Guitar Festival" in Frieschepalen / Netherlands. At the Cafe Ma Kelly. On Thursday its the kick-off with the dutch coverband Quotation. Friday May 18 the John Coghlan Band (Quo's ex-drummer) is on the schedule and Saturday May 19 the german band Railroad and the english band Predatur are on the schedule. Where is Frieschepalen? Its a little village near the dutch motorway A7 between Heerenveen and Groningen. ...more
- 14.05.: there is a new Status Quo compilation available through WH Smith (UK). Its 2xCD called "Essential Quo" and includes 30 songs out of the PYE era. ...more
- 12.05.: SMILEDRIVER, a german coverband from Berlin, played at a private party at the Hardrock Cafe Berlin - it was the 15th anniversary of the Hardrock Cafe. One of the guests was Rita Gilligan, the first waitress of the Hardrock Cafe London in 1971.
- 09.05.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY John "Rhino" Edwards. Status Quo's bass player is celebrating his 54th birhtday - all the best Rhino. Recently he performed with his band "WOODEDZ" (with his sons Max and Freddie) at the Orange Club, London - here are a few pictures from this performance. ...more
- 09.05.: update of the site "concert pictures": ...more
- 08.05.: out of the german LP-discography today the compilation album "POP CHRONIK" released in 1974 in Germany. ...more
- 28.04.: the UK winter tour "In search of the fourth chord" has been announced. This year the tour includes 32 concerts - no changes so far, all the familiar places. All shows via the link gig dates .
With this tour the total amount of dates to be played in 2007 has now reached 74 shows starting in late June. This is a huge itinary for this year, because these 74 shows have to be played within 180 days !
- 26.04.: Status Quo are confirmed as performers at the "Concert for Diana", which will take place on the 1st of July at the new Wembley arena, London. ...more
- 25.04.: news from the Pinkpop Classic Festival in Landgraaf (11.08.2007). Line-Up: Status Quo, Marillion, Willy DeVille, Wishbone Ash, Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, Raymond van het Groenewoud, Janse Bagge Bend. Ticket sales from 25th May onwards.
- 23.04.: Rick Parfitt on the front cover of the musician magazine "Gear" issue 19. A good write up about Rick and about his FACELIFT products and the Harrods demo session. You can download the whole magazine - just click on the title cover on this link: ...Details
- 23.04.: out of the german LP-discography (and cassette) today the album "Rockin' all over the world" released in 1977. As well the only east german release from 1980 is shown and the austrian Club edition. ...more
- 20.04.: new concert date; Status Quo at the Pinkpop Classic Festival in Landgraaf - August 11, 2007. Tickets available from 5th May onwards.
- 18.04.: TOPNEWS from the official fanclub: Status Quo founded their own record label called "Fourth Chord Records". The debute release is the new Status Quo album "In Search of the Fourth Chord" - release date Monday, September 10. In addition to the usual CD format the album is also being released as a special limited tour edition, a 12-inch viniy album. This limited edtion will only be available to purchase by those ordering tickets for the forth-coming UK tour.
- 17.04.: more dates coming up; 31st August sees the band performing at "Fantasy Island", a fun parc, close to Skegness. 2nd September the band plays at the Dudley Castle and Zoological Gardens, West Midlands. And the Status Quo concert at the Zwarte Cross festival in Lichtenvoorde is now officially confirmed. The Zwarte Cross festival is one of the biggest festivals in Netherlands and last year 78,000 fans attended the 3-day-event.
- 15.04.: there is another german Status Quo Coverband. "Return" from Mönchengladbach (close to Netherlands), established in 1983. For more information visit their homepage which is written in english too: www.return-the-band.com
- 11.04.: there are nice pictures of the Woodedz show in London, April 7. ...more
- 09.04.: the release date of the announced 3 live-CD's out of the big
BBC series "Live at the BBC" has been put back.
- 08.04.: John "Rhino" Edwards, Quo's Bassist, und his sons played 2 Club-gigs in London. Excerpts of the setlist: Bad News (new song by Rhino)
- Paper Plane (Status Quo) -
Jungle Love (Solo-Album Rhinos Revenge) -
Spend Spend Spend (Solo-Album Rhinos Revenge) -
Obstruction Day (Status Quo) -
Owusu (The One and Only) -
Rocker (Solo-Album Rhinos Revenge) -
Roll Over Beethoven
- 07.04.: several Eastern-Charts have been started over Eastern in 4 german radio-stations. In every chart Quo songs have been voted. These SUPER charts have been becoming a kind of fashion in the german radio stations. Up to 2000 songs voted by the listeners are played non-stop in these charts.
- 06.04.: according to the "Daily Mirror" Status Quo are to play Wembley Stadium on the 1st July at the Lady Di concert.
- 02.04.: John "Rhino" Edwards, Status Quo's bass player, has recorded 2 songs ("Gravy Train" and "Bad News"), which you can download on his official homepage www.rhinosrevenge.com. ...more
- 31.03.: another Status Quo concert has been announced - 27th August in Stoke-on-Trent, Trentham Gardens.
- 29.03.: according to the news of the german radio station NDR2, Status Quo is playing the annual NDR2-festival in Hannover at the 8th of June, 2007. Other special guests are OMD and Kim Wilde (her father is Marty Wilde, he wrote some of Status Quo earlier songs).
- 29.03.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT LETLEY ! QUO's drummer is celebrating his 46th birthday today. All the best, Matt.
- 27.03.: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY BOWN ! Status Quo's keyboarder is celebrating today his 61th birthday. He joined Quo in 1976. All the best Andy!
- 25.03.: the Hayseed Dixies have done a cover version of Status Quo's "Down Down" which is featured on their new album out 9.April. On the german website www.jpc.de you can listen to this cover version. ...more
- 22.03.: some books had been published through the bands career. Here is a page with detailled information about all Status Quo books ...more
- 22.03.: the 3 announced Live CD's out of the series "Live at the BBC" are now announced with a release date 16th April. The tracklisting of the 2nd Live-CD is now available and can be seen on the link "New Releases".
- 22.03.: 3 years ago in 2004 the UK band "Predatur" released an excellent boogie power rock album called "Mean". Now the band recorded a new album which is to be released on May 5, 2007. The songs of the band reminds you on Status Quo in their early 70s.
- 20.03.: recently the dutch fanzine "The Army 74" has been published. Content: review of the DEMO-CD, introduction and gig review of the new dutch coverband "Stetus Kwoo"; about the forthcoming Status Quo show at the Zwarte Cross festival in Lichtenvoorde/Netherlands.
- 15.03.: PILEDRIVER, the german coverband, play in Assen / Netherlands on he 24th March. More information: www.desmelt.nl
- 14.03.: Status Quo play in Langesund / Norway at the Wrightegaarden - July 11.
- 12.03.: all seats for the Status Quo concert in the Hallenstadion Zurich/Switzerland - August 18, are sold out. Only standing tickets are available for CHF 55 (ca.21 pounds or 34 Euros)
- 08.03.: today 30 years ago the "Live!" album was released in Germany. It is until today the most successful german Quo album with 62 weeks in the charts and 20 weeks in the TOP10 - highest position No.3. It was voted for the 6th best album of the year 1977 in Germany.
- 08.03.: out of the german LP-discography (and cassette) today the german Quo sampler "HIT STATION" released in 1982. ...more
- 06.03.: the Hillbilly Grass Band "Hayseed Dixies" will include a cover of Status Quo's "Down Down" on their new album "Weapons of Grass Destruction", which will be released in April 2007.
- 06.03.: the record company Sanctuary / UK announced 2 Status Quo releases for April. A mid-price rerelease of the album "The Party ain't over yet" for the UK market and a rerelease of the "Dog of two head" in a digipack. If this digipack includes the bonus tracks of the last rerelease of "Dog of two head" is not known so far. But in Germany you can already order this digipack via JPC:
- 03.03.: new gig date: Status Quo in the Shakespeare-Town Stratford-upon-Avon at the Bulldog Bash - 11th August 2007. A festival with Sensational Alex Harvey Band and others. ...more
- 01.03.: 3 Live-CD's are being planned for release on April 9, 2007 . Out of the Universal-series "Live at the BBC" the Live-CD's can already be ordered at the english internetsite www.play.com. The Live-CD's including shows of the years 1973 (London, Paris Theatre), 1988 (Wembley Arena) and 1990 (Knebworth Festival) and each CD is offered for 7,99 pounds (ca. 12 Euro). All 3 shows were so called BBC-Radio concerts, which had been broadcasted in BBC radio. ...more
- 28.02.: no other than Chuck Berry is Special Guest on the swedish tour in July. What else can you say about Chuck Berry, the best is a quotation from John Lennon "If you want to give Rock n Roll a name, so call it Chuck Berry!".
- 27.02.: Happy Birthday Jackie Lynton! He is the announcer on the Live '77 - Album and he co-wrote the song "Again and Again" mitgeschrieben. Jackie recorded own records, who have a reference to Status Quo ("Live at the Bleak House" - "Pin-Board Wizards" (with Rick Parfitt)). Jackie Lynton is celebrating his 67th birthday.
- 26.02.: according to the www.play.com website the release of the 2xDVD "Video biography" is now the 21st May 2007.
- 26.02.: yesterday, Feb.25, Alan Lancaster (Quo's former bass player) played with the Party Boys at the "Bon Scott Celebration Concert" in Fremantle/Australia. They played the Status Quo Songs "Roadhouse Blues" and "Rockin all over the world".
- 22.02.: Marseille added to the french tour in October. Status Quo will play in Marseille at the 10th October.
- 21.02.: another gig date; Status Quo play at the Marquee in Cork / Ireland - 2.July. ...more
- 20.02.: there was a survey of the best all-time Party rock song in the german radio station "Die neue 107,7". The TOP100 was broadcasted today and Status Quo was voted with 3 songs: No.39 "Whatever you want" - No.34 "In the army now" and No.26 "Rockin all over the world". The winner was "We will rock you" (Queen) followed by 2 german bands "Hier kommt Alex" (Toten Hosen) and "Westerland" (Die Ärzte).
- 19.02.: Australia 1: there is a "Bon Scott Celebration Concert" at the australian town Fremantle on Sunday, February 25. Bon Scott, the former AC/DC singer, who died many years ago, lived in Fremantle and they dedicated him a statue. Australian bands such as the Party Boys will play at this celebration concert and Alan Lancaster, Quo's ex-bass player will perform there too. ...more
- 19.02.: Australia 2: recently the "Just doin it"-DVD has been released in Australia and got good reviews there.
- 17.02.: Bob Young has done an update of his
book 'The Story Of The Fender Stratocaster'. The new updated version is now available on Play.com: ...more
- 14.02.: "Hard Rock Cafe" London has now a Status Quo guitar in his vaults signed by all band members.
- 13.02.: for the collectors: from the recently released STATUS QUO compilation "The Cover Up Up" are 2 different releases. The Woolworth CD (CRIMCD437) and the Tesco (MCCD612) CD's have different catalogue numbers and there are slight differences on the cover.
The first release of 2007 "Pictures of Matchstickmen" is different to its original CD; the new CD is issued on a cardbox sleeve format and the original CD was issued on jewel case.
- 11.02.: yesterday Rick Parfitt was at Harrods, London at the exhibition "Harrods rock" where he showed his guitar technics to an audience.
- 08.02.: Tickets for the show in Leer / Germany with Toto and Status Quo on the 29th June are available for example: ...here
- 07.02.: Happy Birthday ALAN LANCASTER. Quo's bass player from 1962 - 1985 celebrates his 58th birthday. All the best, Alan.
- 05.02.: a letter from the official fanclub has been sent out with these news: Quo's bass player John "Rhino" Edwards will play 2 shows on Eastern in London with his band
"Woodedz" (its him and his 2 sons Max (drum) and Freddy (gui)).
Dates: April 7 - The Orange, West Kensington and April 8 - The Hope & Anchor, Islington.
Rhino's new recorded demo "Bad News" can be downloaded from: www.rhinosrevenge.com
- 04.02.: Bruce Springsteen songs covered by other artists have been put together and have been released in UK on the album "If I were the boss...". One of the 21 songs is the song "Cadillac Ranch" covered by Status Quo. You can find this CD at Amazon/UK: ...more
- 04.02.: in ARSIS studio, the new album "Camilleri 4" of Status Quo's former support , Paul Camilleri, was produced by Francis Rossi. He also co-wrote 9 tracks and 2 songs of this album were written by Francis Rossi and Bob Young.
- 02.02.: the british internetsite www.play.com is offering a new Status Quo DVD called
"Video Biography" due to be released on 23rd of April. So far its not known what is included on this DVD. ...more
- 01.02.: another show confirmed; right after the end of the swedish tour Status Quo will be playing a show in Tampere, Finland - July 24.
- 01.02.: News from Lichtenvoorde: Status Quo is scheduled to be playing on Friday, 27th July at the Zwarte Cross Festival (Netherlands).
- 31.01.: there is a "rock" exhibition at Harrods, London, one of the most exlusive and biggest stores in the world. The exhibition takes place from February 1 to March 3 and its all about rock music. You can see electric guitars there and legendary rock guitarists are being introduced. And on the 10th February Rick Parfitt will give a demonstration of his guitar techniques. The exhibition is free and no other than Ron Wood from the Rolling Stones helped to put the stuff together. ...more
- 30.01.: first UK show of the year announced. Status Quo will be playing a show at the Worcester rugby club - July 28. ...more
- 29.01.: special guests of the german Stus Quo show in Dortmund will be the scottish rockband NAZARETH. The event starts now at 7 p.m. european time.
- 27.01.: a review of the recently released german compilation "Best - Wild Side of Life" appeared in the german music magazine "Good Times" No.1/2007, which is mainly about 60s 70s and 80s mainstream music. (a little bit similar to the english Classic Rock magazine)
- 24.01.: out of the german LP-discography today the german compilation album "POP GOLD" released in 1978.